Someone letting my tyres down?

nich
nich Posts: 888
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
I've had a few punctures in the last couple of weeks.

One of them was a bit strange, as it was fine when I arrived at work. That evening I moved the bike from our office basement to our shared garage, and then headed out for a quick pint.

When I returned it was flat.

Ugh, I thought. Anyway, I just assumed it was a slow puncture and changed it.

I've just got around to looking at it again as I was going to patch it up, and to my suprise there's nothing wrong with it! I've done the under water test and nothing, no bubbles.

I'm starting to wonder whether someone at work let my tyre down :shock:

Comments

• clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Not necessarily - I have had one or two "mystery" leaks - tube etc absolutely fine, pumped up and held air next time around. I put it down to a valve issue - not screwed the presta valve down completely.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Yeah most likely is that ;)

The valves on these particular tubes do come lose on a daily basis. Oh well, at least I can re-use the tube 8)
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Depends how slow it is as well, i just repaired a inner tube and unless i blew it up about twice as big as normal you could not see a leak at all, it was there after a lot of fiddling though :shock: .

Could also be a dodgy valve or like you say dodgy workmates, fit a razor blade to your valve caps to be certain .......( yes i am joking :P )
    FCN 3/5/9
  • fit a razor blade to your valve caps to be certain .....

Makes a few notes...
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    You didn't inflate with a CO2 pump by any chance?
    "Coming through..."
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    alternatively, you may have whatever caused the original puncture still in your tyre. Run your finger (slowly) along the inside and if you suddenly start gushing blood - problem solved
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Surely if ever there was a time to suspect, this was an act carried out by a very pi$$ed off puncture fairy :lol: !
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.