Coed Y Brenin

murph37
murph37 Posts: 2
edited February 2011 in Routes
Does anyone have anyaccomodation recomendations for staying around Coed Y Brenin / Dalgellau ? Stayed at Ty Ny Groes a coupe of times now but looking for somwhere different.

Ta
Murph
Master of Cunning

Comments

• sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    are you after a hotel or camping?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    We stayed down at the bunk house Tegid from Holey Trail runs, at Machynllthylhthyh. Not sure if that's ideal for you, it's a bit of a drive from CYB but well placed for a longer week... Basic but homely, which is pretty much what I usually want, somewhere you can relax and just get on with it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    We stay often at Trawsfynydd log cabins as a friend owns one.

http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk/home.php?/Home

They do weekend only rates and if you can find somebody who owns one it would save a few pennies against normal prices.

The best thing is that a ride over the tops from there drops you straight into CYB trails.
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    We stay often at Trawsfynydd log cabins as a friend owns one.

http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk/home.php?/Home

They do weekend only rates and if you can find somebody who owns one it would save a few pennies against normal prices.

The best thing is that a ride over the tops from there drops you straight into CYB trails.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Cae Gwyn Farmhouse- just up the road, they do camping, bunkhousey thing or b&b, beautiful scenery, nice place, and they'll drop you off at the pub up the road (and arrange a lift back for you) for a quid or two. I really honestly couldn't recommend them enough. They have a nice dog too.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    I camped at Cae Gwyn Farmhouse last summer; would defo recommend the place.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    ditto, superb place.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    or there is a bothy virtually on the trails if you dont mind roughing it and are prepared to follow the bothy code it is free, bring your own logs.

totally Blair Witch though.