You pay for what you get with components

hatbeard
hatbeard Posts: 1,087
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
I ordered a chain from a well known internet retailer, they charged me a fair value for it based on it's recommended retail price which I paid for with money from my bank account.

it arrived in the post shortly after.

:lol:

/bit of Friday mischievousness
Hat + Beard

Comments

• hatbeard wrote:
    I ordered a chain from a well known internet retailer, they charged me a fair value for it based on it's recommended retail price which I paid for with money from my bank account.

it arrived in the post shortly after.

:lol:

/bit of Friday mischievousness

I disagree, because I ordered a chain from a well know reactionary chain supplier and paid a fair value based on the recommended retail price of a book full of ideas about what to put in your lunchbox, yet they still sent me a new chain, rather than the book I paid a fair price for.

Disgraceful!
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    I had a chicken sandwich for lunch. It was nice. I didn't use wafer thin chicken slices, I used actual chunks of chicken from a roast I made the other day. I got my money out of that dead chicken. R.I.P.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I bought a chain, but royal mail wouldn't deliver it. Lazy posties!

australia-nz_06.1184739300.resize_of_p1140930.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Ordered a new stem from Planet X on Wednesday. Got home last night to find a parcel waiting for me. Peeled off the outer wrapping to see a SRAM Red rear mech box. Whoop whoop - quids in! Opened the box to find my stem :(

Good recycling and a great value stem :D
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    on-one/planet-x shipped my ~£15 of chain tug, singlespeed conversion kit and lockring in an ultegra box. I too thought I was quids in. no such luck. :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Still good bargains to be had in PX/On-One sale. Ends 6th Feb.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    hatbeard wrote:
    on-one/planet-x shipped my ~£15 of chain tug, singlespeed conversion kit and lockring in an ultegra box. I too thought I was quids in. no such luck. :lol:

When I ordered my unassembled bike from Planet X, the groupset all came packaged in Ultegra boxes as well. Upon opening them, each one did indeed contain an Ultegra component! I was ecstatic, then I realised it was the groupset I actually paid for...