Bit of a Stone Gone kind of day

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
weatherstone.jpg

I'm watching small branches going UP past my window at the moment. I'm on the 1st floor :shock:

I think I'm glad that I can't cycle right now... the wind is SW and I live... SW of work. Coming in would've been glorious, going home: not so.

Good luck to anyone facing that hurricane on the way home tonight.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Pretty windy here today, too. Along the A6 I was doing about 8-9mph; about 8-10mph less than I'd normally be doing. Should be fast as on the way home though!
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • yup my wife left late for work and got in early....
  • Stone is more than swinging up on the 4th floor! Jeez would not want to be the workies on the shard today.

[for all non-londoners]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_London_Bridge and its half externally finished and really rather tall
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It was bad enough last night - this evening should be fun. Headwind only gusting to 54mph this evening compared to 61mph tailwind gusts this morning so net gain overall!!. Took me nearly 50 minutes (9.5 miles) to get home last night so interesting to see how I get on tonight......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • yup my wife left late for work and got in early....

8)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • looks like should be a headwind for me, on a SS with a high gear, and all the gear I need to carry for swimming etc....

should be fun! sort of...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rolf F wrote:
    It was bad enough last night - this evening should be fun. Headwind only gusting to 54mph this evening compared to 61mph tailwind gusts this morning so net gain overall!!. Took me nearly 50 minutes (9.5 miles) to get home last night so interesting to see how I get on tonight......

Yep I didn't even try on the way home last night, in fact I took the off road sections as much as possible to try and avoid the headwind, didn't work as it seemed to be blowing from everywhere apart of course behind.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Tad windy on the way in, sods law it will change direction for a headwind on the way home as well.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    The side door at the Infolab (nearest our office) has been partially ripped off its hinges due to the wind. They've managed to close the door for now but can everyone please use the main doors for the rest of today.

ehioehieohoe
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    According to the weather maps, I should have had a tailwind today. Oh so untrue, I had the headiest of headwinds all the way (leaves and stuff blowing in my face), no matter which way I was facing. I am absolutely shattered.
    I get the bad feeling I will have a headwind on the way home too. Not what I need when combined withfriday legs.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    hard on the way in but should be fun tonight
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    No bike yesterday, snow on ground on way in, had all gone on way home along with some neighbor's garage and shed roof.

On bike today, was hard rain, so chilled legs and wet boots. Forcast for a slight breeze on way home.... Refreshing I call it :wink:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"