Anyone use a car club?

cookiemonster
cookiemonster Posts: 668
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Like streetcar or city car club, rather than ferrarisRus, or whatever the performance car clubs are called?

My 11 year old Audi got squashed by a truck cutting a corner (it was parked, and I wasnt in it), and has been written off. I live in central London, so only use it occasionally - say every two weeks, but its great to have to run to a shop when there's something heavy to carry, or go to a cycle event with two passengers and three bikes thrown in the back (never been a fan of bike racks for some reason)

Doing the maths I'd be hugely better off not replacing it, and going with streetcar or the like for the, lets say, twice a week few-hour trip, and renting an estate car from avis/hertz for £200 for a weekend every couple of months.

Anyone in the same boat?

jon

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    My wife had one in holland for getting to races, seemed to work well there. No experience of them here though.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I opened this thread expecting you to be using some kind of club to hit cars that got too close :oops:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • I use a car club in Reading, its a work thing though, but its great. If I lived in an area with good transport (ie not here) I'd ditch my car quite happily,