Cav - green this year?

tremayne
tremayne Posts: 378
edited February 2011 in Pro race
Still very early to assess form - and to be fair, I don't think TDU was a fair showing for the poor manxman.

Interested to hear views on how this year might pan out for him. He's always said 'stages first - and the green will follow'. Do we still believe he will follow that strategy (and mostly he was always true to his word - stages being the be alll and end all - with the possible exception of Vuelta '10) or perhaps adopt a more thoughtful approach - ie 'green - but at the possible cost of stages'?

I know not everyone has big love for Cav. I think he is doing a fantastic job and is nothing less than compulsive viewing (sometimes for the wrong reasons!).

New bike, new strip, new strategy? Or same old 'nothing matters more than the win' Cav?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It entirely depends on where they place the intermediate sprint.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    He'll do everything physically possible to wear green in Paris and I believe he has the best team to enable him to do that. His form in January is pretty irrelevant anyway.

But......it only takes a bad fall or something else completely outwith HTC's control to ruin everything for him.