Creative Zen X-fi Style Mp3 Player

compo
compo Posts: 1,370
edited February 2011 in The hub
Hi

I'm looking at getting the 16GB version of the Creative Zen X-fi Style Mp3 player. Anyone got any experiences of it?

Cheers :)

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I had a Creative Zen and it was pretty good. I'd rather have it over an iPod, the only reason I've now got an iPod is because I needed something with more storage. The ability to drag and drop (as you can on Creatives) is something that's sorely missed, but I can't comment on that model specifically.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    compo wrote:
    Hi

I'm looking at getting the 16GB version of the Creative Zen X-fi Style Mp3 player. Anyone got any experiences of it?

Cheers :)
    I have a Zen X-fi, and the controls make it a complete fail, sadly.
    I bought it because it was the cheapest 16GB player available at the time.
  • Anonymous
    I'd give this a shout. They're criminally under-rated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microsoft-Zune-HD ... 43a4f619e4
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I had a Zen when they first came out and prefered it to the ipod. The sound quality was better, I liked the controls and menu. Transfering the music was just drag and drop. Shame no one made the accessories that made the ipod a success.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Depends on what you want to use it for? if you want all the bells and whistles..as with an ipod, then its prob not for you. If you want it for purely listening to music and have very good quality sound, then do it.

Creative's of late haven't been the best for ease of navigation..album art etc, but, if like me, you couldn't give a toss about that..ie..drag drop your music and go listen and enjoy, then buy it. All my mp3 players have been Creative jobs, imo they are the best sounding out of any others i've tried...Zen X-Fi being my fav (but sadly i killed it and they were discontinued when it was replaced via insurance), so i'm now on Zen X-Fi2 touch (which isn't the best touch screen..lol), but sound quality is top notch.
  • Anonymous
    I used to have an older Zen, and I loved it. But seriously, the 9-button pad thing on the X-fi was an abortion of an interface. Bloody horrible.
    If you do get an X-fi, be sure to turn of the "X-fi crystalizer" bollorks. Unless you like high frequency distortion :roll:
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Had an old one (Zen V-Plus) and got the Zen Style 100 at the moment. Both great devices, can't beat drop and drag. Also seem to last for ages.