after some bargain bib shorts

mr_sj
mr_sj Posts: 507
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
im after some new bib shorts but on a bargain hunting exercise, looking at around 20-30 quid max but obviosuly still want something decent quality. seems to be loads on ebay around that price and even just under but im dubious of quality as most of them dont seem to mention brand name or if they do its one ive never hears of.

anybody got any suggestions of any cheap bibs or websites that sell them cheap ?

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Shutt VR standard bibs are in that area, maybe a touch over, but highly rated...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I tend to wear a lot of Altura kit as it caters for my height (6'5"). The bonus is that it's pretty cheap - I'm sure they'll have bib shorts around that price.

Lots of online stockists, and often sale prices to be found.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,636
    Shutt vr standard bibs will be hard to beat for 30quid unless you find a second hand bargain on ebay.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • DHB from wiggle are always well reviewed and are good value
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    seanoconn wrote:
    Shutt vr standard bibs will be hard to beat for 30quid unless you find a second hand bargain on ebay.

Every time I've looked at Shutt VR they've sold out of most sizes of the standard bib, but have plenty of the more expensive ones....
    More problems but still living....
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    amaferanga wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Every time I've looked at Shutt VR they've sold out of most sizes of the standard bib, but have plenty of the more expensive ones....

Very popular bibs, mate!
    I wear the Pro Bibs, excellent...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    just emailed shutt to ask about sizes and they said mediums wont be in until spring and price is about to go up from 29 to 39.

might look at dhb stuff in wiggle as they do the earnley bibs for about the same price
  • Monkeypump

just read your response regarding Altura bib shorts, I'm also 6'5" but have a waist size of 33" on a fat day, what size bibs would you go for?