hehehehehe - stupid woman

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.thelawyer.com/student-sues-oxilp-for-%C2%A3100000/1006833.article

might sue my old high school for those GSCE results !

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Maybe I could do the same with ILEX but I passed those, could try for a better grade though!

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Clearly thick.

Not only did she fail, she fails to realise that as 99% of other students passed chances are the suit will fail too.
    Also make you wonder about the lawyer taking the case on. Probably not on a "no win, no fee" basis I assume.............
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    daviesee wrote:
    Clearly thick.

Not only did she fail, she fails to realise that as 99% of other students passed chances are the suit will fail too.
    Also make you wonder about the lawyer taking the case on. Probably not on a "no win, no fee" basis I assume.............

They only mention a Barrister so I suspect that it will be cash up front!
  • gandhi
    gandhi Posts: 187
    I wouldn't say she's thick -- she has a 2:1 in law from Oxford. Almost certainly mental though, and probably not cut out to do a high pressure job.
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    If she can win this case she would be credited with the acumen of bringing the case to court. Mental ability isn't soley reflected by exam grades...
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    gandhi wrote:
    I wouldn't say she's thick -- she has a 2:1 in law from Oxford. Almost certainly mental though, and probably not cut out to do a high pressure job.

When I was growing up, a boy up the street from me, in the same year at school walked through all his exams with 95%+ and continued this through Uni. Never met anyone so clueless in real life yet :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daviesee wrote:
    gandhi wrote:

When I was growing up, a boy up the street from me, in the same year at school walked through all his exams with 95%+ and continued this through Uni. Never met anyone so clueless in real life yet :lol:

I had a friend like that. Always scored 98 to 100% but still didn't remember to look right instead of looking left. RIP
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • gandhi
    gandhi Posts: 187
    daviesee wrote:
    gandhi wrote:

I have a girlfriend like that!
  • She didn't get top marks in her law exams but want to try and sue a law school which must be full of people who did get top marks in their exams - good luck to her!
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    gandhi wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    gandhi wrote:

How many do you have?
  • gandhi wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    gandhi wrote:

My wife has a husband like that.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    daviesee wrote:
    gandhi wrote:

I've got a few friends who have got good degrees from Oxford, doesn;t guarentee that they will be good at things once they leave. Once you are outside of that academic hub provided by the college set up many high flyers fall down as they can't manage themselves. She might also be suffering from "I have a 2:1 from Oxford, I'm better than all of you" syndrome as quite a few do!
  • have you read Stephen Frys recent excellent biography ? Basically says its very hard to fail once you are actually in these university environments (he went to Cambridge not oxford but you get the idea).

one sentence is something like this :- "Hugh Laurie will fully admit that you the reader have more knowledge of anthropology & archaeology than he does"