Evans Ride-It - Sandown Park / North Downs - Sunday 13 Feb

delta5
delta5 Posts: 265
edited February 2011 in MTB rides
My abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry, sunny conditions.

Comments

• I'm planning to ride it, so any riding buddies most welcome.

But the apparent lack of interest on the forum makes me wonder what everyone else knows that I don't. :x

Or am I'm just being paranoid?
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • delta5
    Wondering the same thing . . . the route description is a bit vague. It would help if Evans put up a map of the route.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Couple of people I know who've done them have enjoyed them - supposed to be well organised, mechanic on duty etc, but would rather ride my own routes and spend the dosh on cheese straws at Peaslake shop.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • If anyone is interested; one for the price of two offer on Evans RideIts booked this week:

http://www.evanscycles.com/uploads/File/VoucherPage_February.jpg

Also note they've swapped the dates for Sandown, so road is on the saturday, mtb sunday
    '97 GT Zaskar Red Annodised
    '08 Kona Kula
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper
    '10 Planet X SL Pro Carbon SRAM Red
  • If anyone is really interested in taking part and NOT having to pay, I've entered on the 2 for 1. MTB ride on the Sunday.

I took part in two of these events last year and they are well organised.

I'll be there at around 8am. And I am planning to ride the 35 mile long route in a leisurely 4hrs plus a bit. (Got to stick to the plan.)

So if you want to take this 'freebie', post on the forum.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • Although I am not doing the Sandown ride, I have taken advantage of the 2 for 1 offer and I have booked the Watlington and Woking rides for £12.50 and the Reading and Liphook rides for £12.50.

£25 for 4 rides, I happy with that (Especially when the Wiggle Super Series rides are £21 for the medium routes)

The 2 for 1 offer doesn't have to be for the same ride. Just select the rides you want to do and then add the promotional code at checkout. I made 2 bookings of 2 rides and paid £6.25 a ride.
  • I will be doing this ride on Sunday (weather permitting as it does not looks that good for Sunday, heavy rain and wind!!). Done a few of these Evans Rides and they are very well organised. Great day out to get to know new riding areas and also meet up with like minded people. Hoping to start at 8:30, doing the long ride (32 miles) so if you want to join me (I'm riding a Scott Genuis full sus) tag along!! :P
  • delta5
    I'm also watching the weather. I'm in no mood for another mudfest like the last Evans ride I went on (my abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry conditions :lol: )
  • What a absolute MUD FEST that was!! :x
  • Cold, wet, mudfest to be precise. A puncture and running out fuel added to the fun. (Must remember to eat during the ride, still hungry over 24hrs later).

MTFU to all those that thought about riding, and then wimped out!. Alternatively, you may think f***ing d***heads for going out in such awful conditions.

We're all entitled to our views And :I think the second is probably the correct one. roll:
    Live to ski
    Ski to live