Obviously an important question...

:D

Comments

• Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    it aint cool either way, unless you are in your 70's, then it don't matter
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    I'm too young to know what a casquette is. :)
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Peek at her front looking downwards...
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Which socks go best with sandals?

Grey
    Brown
    Black
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The evidence for my choice (especially the first one):

Coppi-1.jpg

preview-eddy.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Coppi = COOL AS F**K!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • I wear my peak down at the front as a way of bowing before Coppi. He looked great, I look like Norman Wisdom.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    It's a source of continual disappointment to me that for some reason, any type of cap with a sticky-out brim/peak (baseball cap, casquette) instantly makes me look like a 12 year old school boy. I'd love to look cool in a casquette, but alas it's never going to happen. :cry:
  • Homer J wrote:
    it aint cool either way, unless you are in your 70's, then it don't matter

You cycle , I presume? that aint cool for 98.275% of the population either.
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Front and up. Obviously.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Weather averse-front down rain,front up sun-mostly down then
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • ynyswen24 wrote:
    I wear my peak down at the front as a way of bowing before Coppi. He looked great, I look like Norman Wisdom.

norman-wisdom_420.jpg

Looks like Norman had more of a sideways look for his Rapha tweed cap, maybe that's where your going wrong?
  • Why is everybody obsessed with being "cool"? :D
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Calling it a casquette instead of a hat doesn't make it cool.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • pst88 wrote:

So Ken Joy isn't being passed a bidon by a rather pointy breasted lady in this photo then?

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/266 ... on-Archive
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    So Ken Joy isn't being passed a bidon by a rather pointy breasted lady in this photo then?

Jebus Almighty - it's like a dead-heat in a Zeppelin race :shock:
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    if you think you don't look cool, you're not riding fast enough

for me, front and down

only time it's acceptable to have it pointing rearwards is on an old school TT bike (and always rear down, never rear up)
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • edhornby wrote:
    only time it's acceptable to have it pointing rearwards is on an old school TT bike (and always rear down, never rear up)

If it's pointing up at the rear, doesn't it act like a spoiler?

:D
  • ynyswen24 wrote:
    I wear my peak down at the front as a way of bowing before Coppi. He looked great, I look like Norman Wisdom.

norman-wisdom_420.jpg

Looks like Norman had more of a sideways look for his Rapha tweed cap, maybe that's where your going wrong?

I'm still waiting for the Rapha Deerstalker so I can wear it sideways and then have have both a front and a rear peak...

You've photoshopped Normans bike out of that photo.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    pst88 wrote:

Blimey - looks like she won the fight with gravity...
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    pst88 wrote:

Sorry I didn't notice.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • ynyswen24 wrote:
    ynyswen24 wrote:

norman-wisdom_420.jpg

I'm still waiting for the Rapha Deerstalker so I can wear it sideways and then have have both a front and a rear peak...

It's a little known fact that Norman won several stages of the Tour, including the Ventoux stage of the 1947 race! He dedicated the stage to his directeur sportif, Mr. Grimsdale...

(Just noticed that it would have been Norman's birthday today. Happy birthday Norman!)
  • No wonder Norman is riding no handed...

who would win in a two man sprint between Norman Wisdom and George Formby?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    ynyswen24 wrote:
    ynyswen24 wrote:

norman-wisdom_420.jpg

It's a little known fact that Norman won several stages of the Tour, including the Ventoux stage of the 1947 race! He dedicated the stage to his directeur sportif, Mr. Grimsdale...

(Just noticed that it would have been Norman's birthday today. Happy birthday Norman!)

Isn't that pic from the 1949 Vuelta where he hit a lynx mid sprint? Excellent pic for the era.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Nuggs
    prawny wrote:
    Isn't that pic from the 1949 Vuelta where he hit a lynx mid sprint? Excellent pic for the era.
    I think it's from '48 - the year he didn't use a bike to give the rest of the field a chance. Still won by over 3 hours though.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nuggs wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    I think it's from '48 - the year he didn't use a bike to give the rest of the field a chance. Still won by over 3 hours though.

Norman is also sporting a Rapha Gentlemans Tweed suit RRP @ £1799.00, which also helped him easily win the Giro in '48 as well.
  • dmclite wrote:
    Norman is also sporting a Rapha Gentlemans Tweed suit RRP @ £1799.00, which also helped him easily win the Giro in '48 as well.

Didn't Norman help develop the tweed suit with Rapha? Literally minutes of work in the wind tunnel in Barnsley...
  • Nuggs
    dmclite wrote:

Didn't Norman help develop the tweed suit with Rapha? Literally minutes of work in the wind tunnel in Barnsley...
    IIRC Norman invented aerodynamics.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Normans innovations also included the use of black pudding and pale ale at feed stops and capering and falling about at perss conferences with his directuer soprtif, Mr Grimsdale.

Unfortunately his race winning "Tripe Butty" was added to the list of banned substances and his spiral from cycling slowly began...............
  • In fact Mario Cippollini took all his styling cues from Norman.