Ladies hybrid bike advice

KulaBen
KulaBen Posts: 220
edited February 2011 in Commuting general
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum but I thought there'd be more hybrid riders here. I'm looking for a hybrid for my wife, and she wants some suspension at front and 700c wheels. Anyone got any experience of the Spesh Ariel and Trek 7000 series? Any other recommendations? Budget is between £350 to £500.

Many thanks

Ben

Comments

• rather depends what she wants to do, if it's a cheap bike to roll around the park, pop to the shops then most will do, if she wants to do more, a big weak point is the cheaper hybrids tend to have cheap and nasty freewheels.

for simple utility cycling such as my wife does, cheap hybrids seem to do. my wife has had a number in last few years, keeps getting them nicked! and they have all been around the 300-500 mark and all much of a muchness.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No front sus, but my local COSTCO has Raleigh Airlite 3.0 Hybrids (carbon fork, 105 groupset and discs) for £320 which is a bit of a bargain (most sell for £500 plus).

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Costco eh? Will check it out, cheers