Suffolk Sunrise

orbeaorca
orbeaorca Posts: 246
Just over 3 months to go so who is entering this year?

Same route as 2010 , hopefully not the same weather :)

Comments

• markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I should be there with some clubmates. The weather was poor wasn't it but it did clear up later on so not too bad(apart from the state of the roads) Was shocked at the number of MTB's with puntures on the coarse!
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Is this more of a race or more of an audax stye event? Im just starting out doing some longer rides but dont want to feel pressured into racing.

Cheers

W
  • welkman wrote:
    Is this more of a race or more of an audax stye event? Im just starting out doing some longer rides but dont want to feel pressured into racing.

Cheers

W

It's not a race, just go at your own pace.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Looks like a nice ride, not sure I can justify driving out that far and paying £25 for a charity ride though :(
  • markos1963
    danowat wrote:
    Looks like a nice ride, not sure I can justify driving out that far and paying £25 for a charity ride though :(

Money covers lunch and food stops as well as timing chips this year so not too bad. The route is really nice, no big hills but you always seem to be going up and down, twice as much climbing as the Norwich100
  • Looks good. Is the 30 quid fundraising target a mandatory requirement?

Also, Markos1963 is your club near/in Norwich, as I'm looking to join a club and would welcome any local recommendations.

cheers.
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    I will be there, missed it last year. Good ride, normally well organised and the route is just right for me this time of the year.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    I did this last year. I think it is a good early season ride. Fairly pancake flat. I did the Surrey 100 later on and that was a killer!

I think it's £50 cost as you're expected to raise £25 in sponsorship.

I like to enter a few of these rides but don't like asking for sponsorship for something I like doing. Seems a bit of a con. If people want to donate to charity then they're free to. I may end up just paying the £50 out of my own pocket. Felt like a right fraud last year.
  • markos1963
    woopat wrote:
    Looks good. Is the 30 quid fundraising target a mandatory requirement?

Also, Markos1963 is your club near/in Norwich, as I'm looking to join a club and would welcome any local recommendations.

cheers.

Hi Woopat and welcome
    The £30 fundraising isn't complusory, 5 of us did it last year and none of us have had any hassle since. Just a few reminder emails but nothing else. I donated a tenner privatly as a gesture of goodwill as I think the charity is ok in my view.

My club VC Norwich is based in the city, we meet outside the Forum at 0915 on a sunday morning. Usually 2 groups, one for the faster guys and a club ride which will wait for stragglers. Newcomers are more than welcome to come along for a few rides to see if the club suits them. Rides are up to 50 miles with a cafe stop in them.
    Rob Stronge is the chairman and the man to ask for if you turn up for a ride, he'll make sure you are well looked after.
    Some more info on here if you like: www.vcnorwich.co.uk
  • For anyone who has done the ride before just a reminder that the start location has changed this year to Debach.

If anyone from the Ipswich area is interested in weekend rides to help prepare for this PM me.
  • BMX Bear
    BMX Bear Posts: 198
    I'll be riding it again with a bunch of club mates, lets hope we don't have quite as many punctures... :roll:
    www.icenivelo.co.uk - Norfolks most inclusive cycling club
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    You doing this with the usual guys again Si?

Would have done it again this year but im out of the country , poss do the Norwich ride though :)
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • Gav888 wrote:
    You doing this with the usual guys again Si?

Would have done it again this year but im out of the country , poss do the Norwich ride though :)

Yep, usual crowd Gav, will be cycling to and from the event so will be a nice 200k day :D

Hope your racking up the miles :lol:
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    Not at the moment mate, resting a pulled muscle.... I was a little too keen on a ride and didnt warm up properly, now im paying for it :(
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond