Paris-Nice route leaks

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2011 in Pro race
Via The Inner Ring

http://theinnerring.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... eiled.html

Last couple of days are bound to be good value
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Always love this race...the new longer TT could certainly change the outcome. Will favour someone like Luis Leon Sanchez if he goes for it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The TTers need one race.

Might as well be one I won't be watching live :wink:
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Evans, surely
  • rick_chasey
    bipedal wrote:
    Evans, surely

Is he racing it? Not sure he is...
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    It would definitely suit Evans, but he seems to be targetting the TDF this year and is even skipping Leige so he may not have the form that early in the year.

Others who could fancy it if they have the form that early could be Porte, Wiggins, Vino, Menchov?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Ideally suited to Wiggo, but doubtless be concentrating on frying bigger fish. Or even Thomas. Can't see the likes of Porte or Evans going deep this early in the season given the team-leadership duties in July.
  • rick_chasey
    Ideally suited to Wiggo, but doubtless be concentrating on frying bigger fish. Or even Thomas. Can't see the likes of Porte or Evans going deep this early in the season given the team-leadership duties in July.

I don't think Paris-Nice is a race which really knackers you - it's not long enough - nor do I think form so early on can have much of an impact come July.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Bit disapointed, it right by my house and I enjoy the prologue!
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    It would definitely suit Evans, but he seems to be targetting the TDF this year and is even skipping Leige so he may not have the form that early in the year.

Others who could fancy it if they have the form that early could be Porte, Wiggins, Vino, Menchov?

Shame... I would have liked to see him grimace his way through the icy cold

I must have forgotten that only Contador can race to win all year round!!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

I don't think Paris-Nice is a race which really knackers you - it's not long enough - nor do I think form so early on can have much of an impact come July.

Indeed. Five of the top seven in 2010 PN also came in the top 11 at the Tour. (Contador, Sanchez x2, Kreuziger, Rodriguez - Valverde and Voigt were the other two)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • One of my favourite races with some really impressive racing. Full of riders I admire.

WIll see if this fellow will make as big an impression as last year.

image-20.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I need some help!!
    Just put in 6 of the 10 climbs in the Alps of the Paris Nice 2011 tour in my website.
    http://www.cyclingthealps.com Click the Paris Nice icons for a lot of detailed information.
    I tried hard, very hard but I cannot find the other 4 climbs.
    - Côte de Gabris (683m)
    - Côte du Mont Meaulx (280m)
    - Côte des Tuillieres (386m)
    - Col de Calaïson (450m)

I would really appreciate any help on finding these other climbs so I can finish presenting Paris Nice 2011 on Cycling the Alps. Thanx