new full sus after bike stolen

caterhamboy
caterhamboy Posts: 32
edited February 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi, i had my bike stolen from my conservatory a few wk's back , trouble is my insurance won't cover it for its value after the excess . I have £800 and need something that can handle trails to peak district all dayers. Before i had a giant trance x4 2009 which i loved but cannot afford the same spec. So recommendations please.

Comments

• --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • Not sure i could face the same bike with lower spec, thought about a different brand. Have looked at the boardmans but don't think i fancy the service from what i have read on here. i'm 5'11 so need a medium or maybe large.
  • Fair point.
    I like the look of the Boardmans, but having stood around in my local store and just listened to the banter... I'd probably have to build the bike up myself rather than leave it up to them.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • I can do basic jobs but not build, had the same feeling after visiting a store! have looked at mongoose canaan's but think they might be a little to race like for all dayers?
  • You could always get a boardman & then pay a bit to your trusted LBS to put it together if you feels out of your depth ;)
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy