Intermediate Jersey

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Have started looking around for a L/S Jersey for the spring (whenever that will be)

The Assos Intermediate is an obvious one but at £140 is a lot of cash.

Maybe the Castelli L/S or anything else people have worn in recent years they would recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• It's an awesome jersey. But, at £140 it should be. I wouldn't be without mine OR my Element Zero Gilet. Work very weell together.

But look around, pay under £100 for it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I have one and it's a really nice bit of kit, make sure you try one on first . On another point I had a 851 which was damaged in a crash. I sent it back to assos who repaired and posted in back free of charge in less than 2 weeks, although the repair is visible it is a really good repair and the service spot on.
  • gwillis
    I have one and it's a really nice bit of kit, make sure you try one on first . On another point I had a 851 which was damaged in a crash. I sent it back to assos who repaired and posted in back free of charge in less than 2 weeks, although the repair is visible it is a really good repair and the service spot on.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    £140 for a jersey ? Wow ! I've had plenty of long sleeve tops - I doubt any were over £50 tops. Dhb seem good value but a lot of the big brands seem to be increasing their prices in line with the rise of mamils. A top really doesn't need to do much - I can't see what it does to justify £140.
    Have a look round your LBS to see what takes your fancy ?
  • gwillis
    I paid £75 delivered off bay so nowhere near that figure of £140.... The jersey also has the wind block which keeps you warm and the fit is spot on. Shop around I've other long sleeve jerseys but the assos one is by far a better fit.
  • eyebee
    eyebee Posts: 257
    I recently got a castelli fusion long sleeve jersey. Excellent piece of kit and would highly reccomend.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I have a few different L/S tops but rarely wear them, I find it's usually jsut on the warm side (so wear an S/S with arm warmers to start) or bit cold so wear a Gore Phantom and then just open the rips if it gets a lot hotter than expected. If you really do want one though then I'd just stick with something from DHB
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    +1 for the Assos intermediate its probably the jersey I use more than any other.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I've just got a second hand, cheap Assos Intermediate and first impressions are that it is pretty good

Normally in the summer/spring I wear a SS jersey, a "shell" gilet and gore windstopper arm warmers. This combination is very flexible for differing weather/heat during a ride.