Hayes Stroker Ryde

copster
copster Posts: 21
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

Whilst cleaning my bike I removed and refitted the rear wheel. Unfortunately my rear disc is now rubbing so badly that the wheel only freewheels for about 1/2 rotation before stopping!

Can anybody either point me in the direction of or explain (very basically!!) what I have to adjust to get things running smoothly again!

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    using something clean press on the pads to push the pistons home and re fit the wheel and then apply the brakes a few times to set the pads/pistons.

dont pull the lever next time the wheel is out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • copster
    Ok,

So I didn't pull the lever with the wheel out....

I have now removed the wheel again. So are you suggesting that I insert something between the pads and push outwards to move the pads back? If so I have tried this using a piece of plastic but they don't shift. Do i need to loosen any of the other bolts? I have already loosened off the caliper adjustment bolts.

Thanks again!
  • copster
    Sorted thanks for the help bit of effort with the box end of a spanner pushed the pistons back. Wheel is now running free and no rubbing :P