2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 5 w/ 105components vs. 2011 Trek 2.3

smokeybear23
smokeybear23 Posts: 11
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
Hey guys I'm getting into cycling and just put some money down on a CAAD 10 from my LBS so they can order the bike monday... I just wanna know what are you're guys thoughts on the CAAD 10 5 vs. 2011 Trek 2.3 which bike is the winner between the two? I went Cannondale, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I drop the 1k I still owe...

Comments

• Awesome frame on the cannodale. Great reviews everywhere I've seen one reviewed. I personally have an older model with Ultegra (CAAD 8) and can vouch for the quality of the build and the design. It's as comfortable an aluminium frame as you're going to get and plenty stiff and light enough as well. If you're going aluminium...go cannondale.
  • No contest, if you chose the CAAD10 you made the right choice. Just took delivery of mine after weeks of comparing and its a star. Smooth assertive handling with great power transfer, low weight really helps up the climbs too. Superb value for money bike. Watch delivery times....high demand means few bikes are trickling through at the moment.
  • Yeah I went to another shop today to look at the Trek and I think I am going to stick with the CAAD 10, I think the CAAD 10 looks better, its lighter, and the ride was smooth, its entry level but with room to grow as I will eventually upgrade the wheels and some components on the bike