Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Are Team Sky back from Oz?

TonymufcTonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Out on a ride this morning around the back of Tatton Park and a rider went past in the opposite direction looking distinctly like Geriant Thomas. Dressed in full Sky kit and riding a Pinnerello. Now I know he lives out that way, Altrincham or Hale. He was taking it very easy, maybe a recovery ride. Just thought I'd ask.

Posts

  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,407
    According to GT's Twitter, they are indeed back, so it could well have been him.
  • TonymufcTonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Nice one. Looks like it was him then. How cool is it that u can pass and get close to world class pro's. Couldn't see the likes off Rooney and Co practising in the local park, could you. Good on ya Geriant.
  • afx237viafx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,407
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?
    Maybe he gets bored of other riders telling him he hasn't earned it before they realise who he is?
  • 4kicks4kicks Posts: 549
    At least 15 of them are in Mallorca right now...dont know if its the same ones what wuz in Oz, however, didnt bother to read their shirt names as I was overtaking them yesterday morning...
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • TonymufcTonymufc Posts: 1,016
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?

    I was just assuming that it was him. Like I said, I know he lives in the area, and he was wearing full sky kit and a team sky pinnerello. That's why I posted the question as to wether they were back in the country. If it wasn't him then its no biggie.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?

    I doubt he has a gb champs jacket?
  • morstarmorstar Posts: 3,894
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?

    I doubt he has a gb champs jacket?
    I'm sure you can get them on ebay.

    To the op, tweet him and then start stalking him.
  • LucanLucan Posts: 338
    You'd have to be bloody fit to stalk him, wouldn't ya? :roll:
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • TonymufcTonymufc Posts: 1,016
    morstar wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?

    I doubt he has a gb champs jacket?
    I'm sure you can get them on ebay.

    To the op, tweet him and then start stalking him.

    I had considered stalking him, but I'm far too busy with my freelance peeping tom business. :D
  • morstarmorstar Posts: 3,894
    Lucan wrote:
    You'd have to be bloody fit to stalk him, wouldn't ya? :roll:

    I was thinking cyber stalking but hey, just imagine the workout you'd get if you could actually stalk him on the bike.

    The look on his face would be a picture when you accidentally on purpose passed him in the opposite direction, shouted "yoohoo" before cranking round a U-turn and giving chase.

    Two scenarios...

    You could regale your workmates with tales of how you were out on a training run with TDF white jersey wearer and national champ or alternatively (and more likely), you could claim your contribution to G's training through sprint intervals (to escape you) contribute to his ever improving palmares.
  • Richa1181Richa1181 Posts: 177
    Mr Thomas put his recovery ride loop in Cycling Weekly a month or so ago if you want to do some proper stalking, it does go past Tatton Park as well.. As to whether it was him or not depends on the colour of said bike. I've only ever seen him wearing the black winter jacket but he is always on the white Pinarello they made for him.. Ian Stannard lives somewhere near here as well I think, but with the guys being in town training for the track worlds it could have been G, Mr Swift, or even Bradley!
  • I think it was GT.....I met up with him last night to get some shirts signed and he said he'd been out for a ride sat & sun
  • NuggsNuggs Posts: 1,804
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?
    It's in the wash.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wouldn't he be wearing the national champ's kit instead of Sky kit?
    Maybe he gets bored of other riders telling him he hasn't earned it before they realise who he is?

    That is the first thing today to make me laugh! Thankyou I needed cheering up!!!
  • i seem to pass them on a daily basis here in mallorca they were training in alcudia on sunday. When i say pass I mean going the other way by the way haha 8)
  • PostieJohnPostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Ben Swift was interviewed by Ned B for The Real Peloton, last week.
    So they have been back for a while.
  • AndsAnds Posts: 1,437
    A friend was on his way to work at Radbroke Hall last Fri and Geraint Thomas was stopped in the lay-by just before Radbroke, in his full Sky kit. Friend stopped and took a photo of him and had a chat.
  • TonymufcTonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Ands wrote:
    A friend was on his way to work at Radbroke Hall last Fri and Geraint Thomas was stopped in the lay-by just before Radbroke, in his full Sky kit. Friend stopped and took a photo of him and had a chat.

    Did he have his National champs jersey on? If not then it wasn't him. :lol:
  • AndsAnds Posts: 1,437
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    A friend was on his way to work at Radbroke Hall last Fri and Geraint Thomas was stopped in the lay-by just before Radbroke, in his full Sky kit. Friend stopped and took a photo of him and had a chat.

    Did he have his National champs jersey on? If not then it wasn't him. :lol:
    untitled.jpg
  • TonymufcTonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Ands wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    A friend was on his way to work at Radbroke Hall last Fri and Geraint Thomas was stopped in the lay-by just before Radbroke, in his full Sky kit. Friend stopped and took a photo of him and had a chat.

    Did he have his National champs jersey on? If not then it wasn't him. :lol:
    untitled.jpg


    Great stuff. He's not wearing his champs jersey and he's not on a white Pinnerello as suggested by someone else. So it was him that we saw out on Sunday. Nice one, cheers Ands. Great pic by the way. He must be a fairly decent bloke if he didn't mind your mate taking the pic and taking the time out to have a chat. Chapeau Mr Thomas.
Sign In or Register to comment.