Road Bike Fitting Suggestions?

Waynenio
Waynenio Posts: 231
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
Hi,

I have been fecking about with my riding position now for weeks and weeks. Have lowered my saddle as I felt a tad hid, the set it further back which helped me climb better but felt too low, then raised it a little which then felt too high, then moved it forward. I am no beginner but want think it's time to get a propper fitting for me to work from.

Can anyone recommend anyone (Pref Yorkshire based as I am in Leeds) that won't break the bank and is good. It's coming into racing season now and I really need to get ot sorted.

All suggesstions and personal feedback welcomed!

Cheers

Wayneneeeeio

Scott Scale Comp 29er - Training Machine
Giant XTC 29er - Race Machine

Comments

• x8swift9x
    x8swift9x Posts: 268
    bike science - rotherham?

35 miles from leeds according to google (Never been to either of the places!) I have however been fitted for a tt bike by the bristol branch, Andy is top notch. Great service. Breaking the bank? Depends on the level of fit, and how much a good fit means to you I guess.
    Road: Felt AR0, Di2
    Touring/commute: Dolan Multricross
    TT: PX Exocet Sold because it was like a sail in the wind (sh*t)
  • A pro will probably do a bike fit at the start of the season and on rollers, and then fine tune his/her position afterwards if comfort is an issue.

There is a psychological factor with positioning as well. Perfectionist type individuals will always have concerns about their positioning on the bike. I went out for a couple of hours with a hex wrench a while ago to 'fine tune' my saddle height. After about 20 adjustements and two hours later I came back home ... with the saddle set at excactly the same height as I left the house with.

Having someone take a picture of you on your bike is one idea.