Chain Reaction Cycles

MaxwellBygraves
MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Think that everyone, myself included, are quick to post when something goes wrong at any shop.
Ordered a pair of Speedplay Zeros in the early hours of Friday morning, they were here with me this morning.
Pretty good for free delivery!
Well done CRC.
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1

excellent shop and a top-level website
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Not everything from NI is rubbish! :wink:
  • I've only bought one thing from CRC...i'm still waiting for it although that's not entirely their fault. Same day dispatch sometimes means next day, even if you order before 3pm as I found out. I didn't receive it my bike before I had to leave the country for a week due to work commitments, so its been in the caring hands of parcel force for over a week now since they won't deliver on Saturdays even though they offered a Saturday delivery date :x

I will however buy again from CRC when its something I don't need to try on in a shop, or my local shops either don't stock what I want, or do, but at a hefty price.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I think they are very good,always had stuff within a day or two.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Not everything from NI is rubbish! :wink:

why what is???
    :roll:

Bushmills Whiskey :lol::lol::lol:

De Lorean :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Their ideas of packing leave a lot ot be desired. My last two orders could have been packaged in a jiffy bag, a SS freewheel and a chain but no, CRC sent them in an A4 sized box 1" thick. No wonder the postie couldn't get them through the letterbox depsite the second order have a comment on the paypal payment screnn asking for a jiffy bag.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Sent back a broken SRAM X.9 shifter a few weeks back which they forwarded on to Fisher with an e-mail to me saying it would take 2-3 weeks.

I received a brand new 2011 9 spd shifter which don't actually appear to exist yet, yet alone be on sale anywhere in 1 week!

Well played CRC!
    DaveK
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    They are walking all over Wiggle these days.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I have always had good and really prompt service from Chain reaction
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    +1
    Won't use Wiggle anymore, will deffo stick to CRC. Haven't bought from Wiggle in a while, and over Xmas (apprecate it must of been busy) was disappointed not to get a reply from two seperate emails regarding a problem with a product.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Yeah CRC is all over Wiggle I'd say.
    Don't like Wiggles latest website and their prices don't generally win either.
    CRC do bug me when they say "prices from ..." and it's just for massive or tiny sizes though.
    Other than that though they're on it.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • geebee2
    geebee2 Posts: 248
    I use CRC a lot, generally very good, one thing annoys me on the website is when you see a bargain, then click on it and it's discontinued.

Surely they should completely remove it from display if it's discontinued.
  • taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    I bought my cube agree sl road bike from them. Needless to say great service.
    Took 2 days to reach me half way across the globe after I sent the order confirmation to them.
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    Think that everyone, myself included, are quick to post when something goes wrong at any shop.
    Ordered a pair of Speedplay Zeros in the early hours of Friday morning, they were here with me this morning.
    Well done CRC.

Off course we are!
    Why would you let people know about good service? That is what everyone should be expecting anyway, that is what we should be getting.

Now, I don't mind posts about exceptional service, service that exceeds our expectations.
  • I like them - and can call if really necessary. As above re: packaging... bought a base layer - came in a bag which was fine and easy to deliver. Unfortunately the bag was in a box with similar dimensions to a shoe box. Why??
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Percy Vera wrote:
    Well done CRC.

Off course we are!
    Why would you let people know about good service? That is what everyone should be expecting anyway, that is what we should be getting.

Now, I don't mind posts about exceptional service, service that exceeds our expectations.
    Dude, have you ever worked in retail or logistics? No matter how awesome you are, no-one will ever be perfect. So it should be praised, just like poor service should be criticised. I'm sorry my post didn't conform to your posting guidelines. :wink:
    At any rate, it's quite likely that people who are new to the world of road biking may be reading this and I would hope this sort of post would be reassure them that they are buying from a legitimate source.
  • I ordered a casette and chain from CRC on the 14th December, to be posted to Dublin. On the same day I ordered stuff from Rose Bikes in Germany. The stuff arrived from Germany in 4 days, delivery cost €5.95, the CRC delivery arrived 20 days later!!
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I ordered a casette and chain from CRC on the 14th December, to be posted to Dublin. On the same day I ordered stuff from Rose Bikes in Germany. The stuff arrived from Germany in 4 days, delivery cost €5.95, the CRC delivery arrived 20 days later!!

When did they dispatch it though? They're not Royal Mail.
  • geebee2
    geebee2 Posts: 248
    20 days is nothing, I ordered a saddle, was posted on 14 Dec, arrived yesterday.

I make that 40 days ( air freight from China ).
  • 20 days to travel between Belfast and Dublin, distance of 100 miles!!!!!, just not good enough CRC !!
  • 20 days to travel between Belfast and Dublin, distance of 100 miles!!!!!, just not good enough CRC !!

To be fair... the weather was atrocious and CRC are in the sticks. Quite probable that your item only got so far (Belfast?) then ground to a halt with everything else. I'm originally from Belfast so I knew from the folks how bad it was up there.
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Marko1962
    Marko1962 Posts: 320
    edited February 2011
    Bought a pair of Shimano Dura-ace wheels off them 14 months ago, 1 pair arrived then a few days later a 2nd pair arrived so being the honest chappie that I am I rang them up to find out that they had no record of the 2nd pair, so for the return of the 2nd pair which they arranged they sent me some wheel bags worth £50 :-)

Can't complain about them in the slightest and I've bought loads of gear off them.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    My favourite of the online retailers without doubt. Never had an error with an order, and always seem to deliver quickly.
  • Are they usually sluggish with orders? Bought a Dura-Ace wheelset on Tuesday and paid £10 for quick delivery in the hope of riding this weekend, yet two day's later the order still say 'processing'.
  • CTank
    CTank Posts: 46
    Had two pairs of faulty M520 SPD pedals in a row. No complaints with how it was dealt with, which is probably a better indicator of service than a straightforward transaction.
  • I think their postage and service is superb. Their prices however are not, they are usually one of the most expensive, This is in stark contrast to over the last 20+years I have been using them, when they had good deals.

I guess now they have 'world domination' :wink: and run race teams and events someone has to pay for that, shame for a bargain hunter like me!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I spent some time going through their sale items over Christmas, spent about £220 on quite a few bits and pieces and saved myself £137 over list.

If you're not worried about the latest models you really can pick up bargains on CRC's web site. One of the helmets I bought (2010 model MET mtb helmet) was reduced from £90 to £45... :)

The main part of the order was all well packed together, the one item out of stock, a small tube of High5 energy drink tablets, came in a big A4 sized box (as mentioned earlier in the thread) the following day. :?
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Hoopdriver wrote:

+1, I'm getting fed up with Wiggles' constant sales that aren't really. CRC also seem better at having the little niggly things I really need but didn't even know existed.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Flanners1 wrote:

I guess now they have 'world domination' :wink: !

You're not wrong:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/spanis ... ction-site
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'