MRP XCG Triple Bashguard Question

ibiswhyte
ibiswhyte Posts: 38
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
I am thinking or getting one of these.

http://www.mrpbike.com/product.php?sect ... t&item=xcg

The Bike is a Ibis Mojo and the cranks are new Shimano XT M770's so i will fit this when i fit the cranks.

Few Questions:-

1. Do i need the BB mount or the ISCG mount? I think the BB is 68mm so will this fit?

2. To fit do i just remove one of the BB spacers and replace it with the bashguard? How easy is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Has the ibis got iscg nounts?? If so get that one!!

If it hasnt you can get an ISCG mount to place between the BB and BB shell on teh bike, it is easy to do you remove the drive side cup remove the spacer or the furthest away from cup spacer insert iscg mount or the BB mount MRP XCG then re-fit 2nd spacer and the BB cup.

PB030169.jpg

Heres the mount I used.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=11453
  • Hi there,

On a 68mm BB shell, you'll have 2 x 2.5mm spacers on the drive side, and 1 x 2.5mm spacer on the non-drive side. The guard takes the place of the drive side spacer closest to the frame. I've not seen a Mojo up close, but if there's a frame bolt for the rear suspension then the guard may rub against it. I had this problem on my Giant Trance X2, just needed to saw off the top loopy part of the guard and file down a bit of the side and it fits fine. Added bonus of losing some precious weight (all ~5g of it)!

All the best
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    eatmuchpie wrote:
    Hi there,

On a 68mm BB shell, you'll have 2 x 2.5mm spacers on the drive side, and 1 x 2.5mm spacer on the non-drive side. The guard takes the place of the drive side spacer closest to the frame. I've not seen a Mojo up close, but if there's a frame bolt for the rear suspension then the guard may rub against it. I had this problem on my Giant Trance X2, just needed to saw off the top loopy part of the guard and file down a bit of the side and it fits fine. Added bonus of losing some precious weight (all ~5g of it)!

All the best

not 100% correct as not all cranks use that combo of spacers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    I have this mine is bb mount I took the drive side off today to fitt it and the only spacer was on the crank on the granny ring is this the correct one? My bike is a specialized camber comp 2011 with a octalink bb ... I have found out in the past there is a few bits that I can't change as the bike is the. Comp will the mrp xcg work with this bike?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2