Aftermarket Motion Control

Ransaka
Ransaka Posts: 474
edited March 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I have recently upgraded the OE Pike 327 that came with my Pitch with a new x-firm u-turn spring. I'm now considering getting a moco unit for the right leg as the stock OE fork doesn't have one.
Looking around online I have found this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54650 but it doesn't mention the Pike as a fork it fits though it does mention the Sektor (which I think is the PIkes replacement).
Any of the bike mechanics out there know if it will fit a 140mm Pike?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the internal changed at about 2009. So what year etc.

TBH I would give TF a call.

PS the sector is more of the Trail Tora than the Pike.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ransaka
    The fork came on a 2010 pitch comp and so I assume that it is a 2010 fork (but we all know where assumption leads).

I'll drop TFT a line, they are always supremely helpful.
  • its the same moco as revs and rebas part no.11.4015.316.020 RRP £98.99, but you'll be able to get it cheaper.
    I'm don't think the Sektor can really be classed as a Tora trail either. The main difference is that the MoCo,compression unit has no gate adjust, other than that the internals are very similar. The chassis maybe abit heavier but tahn the Pikes but this can be put down to the price point they're aimed at and the extra travel from the Maxle lit equipped models (150mm)
    The only real issue as with all Rockshox without the newer dual flow rebound assmebly is the rebound control that is just an orifice based system.
    Excellent budget trail fork IMO.
    Suspension servicing, tuning, parts, setup and race support
    Locotuning.co.uk
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    'orifice based system'

Wish this was in the Crudcatcher.

Can you explain more? Do you know what model/years are different?
  • Ransaka
    Yup, had a reply from TFT, the link in the first post will fit no problems. Yay!

Thanks for the replies all round folks :)
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Aren't the Pike 327 a rebadged Recon?
    As for model year it is often the year before's component on a model year bike.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Ransaka
    captainfly wrote:
    Aren't the Pike 327 a rebadged Recon?
    As for model year it is often the year before's component on a model year bike.

Not sure if they are or not though it would make a kind of sense based on the guts of it I took out last night. The guys at TFT reckon it's certainly teh same uppers and lowers as a regular Pike. Still, with a pike u-turn spring and moco it'll be close enough to "proper" Pike for me :)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'm don't think the Sektor can really be classed as a Tora trail either

Definitely would have been called a Recon Trail this year. A lot of hype about the Sektor. Great budget fork, but should be called Recon going on that the Recon has generally been a budget Rev.

And the Tora has generally been a steel legged Recon, except there was no longer travel bolt thru option.
  • Ransaka
    Apologies for the necro.

I am finally getting around to buying the moco. My current fork has nothing but a hew cap on the right leg currently. I assume I remove the cap and whatever spacer etc is there and pop the moco in it's place. Do I need to add suspension oil to the service manul specs though or is it likely there is already going to be some in there?