Forum home Road cycling forum Your road bikes

Impulse purchase - Klein (new pics)

bigkidbigkid Posts: 32
edited March 2011 in Your road bikes
Here's my impulse purchase, Klein Q Pro Carbon. I am just getting into Road biking due to being able to commute by bike at the moment, this was how I justified buying this - to use for sunny summer days...
Klien were my dream bikes from my teenage years so really it is more just to 'have' :D

Klein005.jpg

Klein003.jpg

Klein004.jpg

It is almost exactly as original, full Dura-ace and Bontager Race X-Lite parts. 8Kg with pedals.

Thanks for looking

Posts

  • alfabluealfablue Posts: 8,497
    Beautiful! I'm envious.
  • amnesiaamnesia Posts: 118
    WOW - that's fappin' gorgeous !!!


    Must admit, I hankered after a Klein Attitude Adroit for a number of years as a kiddywink.
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • twotyredtwotyred Posts: 822
    Now that's nice. Looks amazingly advanced for 2003- internal cable routing as well! Hasn't dated much at all.
  • marco67marco67 Posts: 91
    Nice bike
    I bought a Q pro Carbon XX Klein back the end of 2003 - with hindsight best frame I ever owned. Remember cycling with mates in the Glasgow to Edinburgh ride, someone shouted "nice bike mate", my pal on his Colnago said "thanks" and was told to "fcuk off, meant the Klein". :roll:
    Ciao Marco
  • bigkidbigkid Posts: 32
    I am glad it seems I am not the only one drawn to Klein. I think the frame alone would be worth what I paid for it. The pictures don't do the amazing paint scheme justice.

    marco67 :lol:
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    edited January 2011
    bigkid wrote:
    The pictures don't do the amazing paint scheme justice.

    marco67 :lol:

    They never do with Kleins...

    This is one of my fave bikes ever -

    221354a.jpg
  • tx14tx14 Posts: 244
    it's a beauty, don't change the alloy cranks and levers!
  • bigkidbigkid Posts: 32
    @NapoleonD - that is awesome!!!
  • amnesiaamnesia Posts: 118
    NapoleonD wrote:
    bigkid wrote:

    This is one of my fave bikes ever -

    221354a.jpg

    And now one of mine too !!!
    :shock:
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    It's the aluminium one too!...
  • Fliping georgous the orange baby looks fast standing still
    going downhill slowly
  • Damn! I'm trying to reduce my list of dream bikes
    Add klein :wink:
  • Rates very high on the list of cool bikes.That was a very good buy. 8)
  • Err, what's going on with the pedals? Please don't tell me you ride it in your trainers :D
  • bigkidbigkid Posts: 32
    This was just as I bought it, now have SPDs...
    But yes, when I ride to work - 3Km, I do ride in normal shoes/trainers, sorry if this offends!!
  • Hey, just joking there chap. Wear whatever you like, as long as it's not a GB jersey, obviously...

    :D
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    It seems Trek have a history of buying and ruing decent bike companies.
  • malc101malc101 Posts: 115
    RichardSwt wrote:
    It seems Trek have a history of buying and ruing decent bike companies.

    Is that were they went?

    I have always loved Klein bikes, and both shown in this thread are stunning.

    Very jealous. Ebay here is come!
    MTB - 2013 Giant Trance X 29er 1
    Road - 2005 Lemond Maillot Jaune with 2013 105 and 2014 Fulcrum 5's
    Winter Hack - 2005 Marin Rocky Ridge with 1x9 and Rigid Conversion (On Going)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    malc101 wrote:
    RichardSwt wrote:
    It seems Trek have a history of buying and ruing decent bike companies.

    Is that were they went?

    I have always loved Klein bikes, and both shown in this thread are stunning.

    Very jealous. Ebay here is come!

    Yep, seems they buy a company they see as competition, keep it going for a while cream off anything they want to keep and kill it. Just like they've done with Gary Fisher.
  • malc101malc101 Posts: 115
    RichardSwt wrote:
    malc101 wrote:
    RichardSwt wrote:
    It seems Trek have a history of buying and ruing decent bike companies.

    Is that were they went?

    I have always loved Klein bikes, and both shown in this thread are stunning.

    Very jealous. Ebay here is come!

    Yep, seems they buy a company they see as competition, keep it going for a while cream off anything they want to keep and kill it. Just like they've done with Gary Fisher.

    That makes sense, they did that to Lemond too. (I think) Mine was one of the last few years.

    I did not know they bought Gary Fisher too. I have never been a huge fan of trek and now i like them even less.
    MTB - 2013 Giant Trance X 29er 1
    Road - 2005 Lemond Maillot Jaune with 2013 105 and 2014 Fulcrum 5's
    Winter Hack - 2005 Marin Rocky Ridge with 1x9 and Rigid Conversion (On Going)
  • bigkidbigkid Posts: 32
    I have added some nicer pics now.
    Unfortuneatly this is because I am now going to sell it :(
Sign In or Register to comment.