Jock itch...

badgerman26
badgerman26 Posts: 125
edited January 2011 in Commuting general
Just diagnosed myself with jock itch (athletes foot of the groin!). Am using Daktarin to get rid of it, rather than go to drs. its very itchy...

I only have 1 pair of bib for the winter, started wearing boxers underneath for hygiene as cant wash more than once a week. I cycle ~12m each way 4 days a week.

Anyone else have this issue, any solutions?

Sorry to lower the tone. :oops:

Comments

• i got eczema on the tops, inner of my legs, in the elbow joints and strangely on the coccyx although i do get massive anexity put the two together and i'm one itchy guy in the winter! we're only human at the end of the day...

i use a asda hydrocortizone cream, just forget to put it on most times duh (enter anexity side effects) :roll:
  • I had a bad case of jock itch a few months ago and the pain was so bad I could hardly walk for a day. My GP gave me Daktacort which shifted the symptoms. To avoid getting it again I invested in ten pairs of bib tights (it was already getting cold) so I can have a fresh pair on every commute and only do one load of cycling washing each week.

It's an expensive option but I mitigated it by buying DHB from Wiggle and buying them a pair at a time so my discount built up and subsequent pairs became cheaper.

I really never want to have jock itch again so it's been worth it to me.

Mudguard Nazi, FCN 10