Speedily Singular Thingy
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    thel33teralways one
    :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • +1 for the 26er

Where can I get the shiney chainsuck device from?? ooh its shiney and new and is kinda functional I must have one!!!!
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    +1 for the 26er

Where can I get the shiney chainsuck device from?? ooh its shiney and new and is kinda functional I must have one!!!!

http://www.mbaction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp? ... 0338EBF79A

Apparently an aftermarket one is coming out sometime next year.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Looks like a gangly spider. 'orrible.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    thel33teralways one
    :roll:
    thats 2 now :P
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Still unsure about FS 29ers due to wheelbase length because of the rear sus, This bike with shorter chainstays is addressing that issue, can't beat my fav though, hopefully my next Ht 29er:
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/products/yelli-screamy
    http://olydirt.blogspot.com/2010/12/canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy-short.html
    http://www.29eronline.com/blog/canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy-first-look-and-build-report/

or for racing the new carbon Santa Cruz HT 29er is looking good as well.
    Don't think, BE:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    +3 even thel33ter and the 12 year old have better taste.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Looks like a giraffe, and probably flexes like one too.
  • +1 for the 26'er
    An FS 29'er just seems to look sort of disproportionate
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    Looks like a giraffe, and probably flexes like one too.
    I used to date a giraffe, and even though she did yoga, she was still pretty inflexible, sadly.
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Hmmm this kinda spoils it for me much as i'm a 29er convert : 2011-tomac-diplomat-29er-mountain-bike-5-400x600.jpg

I think i'd take a RIP9 over this tbh !!!

Ohh and full sus 29ers ARE the way forward btw lol
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    I can't say I'm keen on the look of 29 ers but if I had to buy one I would probably get one of these.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/02/20/lon ... acer-29er/

I'm 95% certain I will be putting in an order for the 26" Tracer 2 in February, I'm just trying to decide on a colour. Watch this space. :D
  • Nice looking bike, but on an off topic note, does anyone think we will start seeing 29ers run in DH races, and be built to that spec eventually?
  • VWsurfbum
    jay12
    supersonic
    cooldad
    thel33ter

All due respect guys but your wrong!
    This is the way forward!

2011-tomac-diplomat-29er-mountain-bike-2.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    jay12

All due respect guys but your (sic) wrong!
    This is the way forward!

Nah, like many on here, I think it looks sh1t. What anybody can possibly want with a 29r (other than looking a bit kooky) I don't know. (I tested one for a week by the way.) They can't be ridden properly hard: you may as well well get a cyclocross!
  • VWsurfbum
    Dirtydog11 wrote:
    I can't say I'm keen on the look of 29 ers but if I had to buy one I would probably get one of these.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/02/20/lon ... acer-29er/

I'm 95% certain I will be putting in an order for the 26" Tracer 2 in February, I'm just trying to decide on a colour. Watch this space. :D
    I like that too, definatly the way forward. i miss having 130+ travel, just like i miss having a full suspension! dont get me wrong i like my hardtail, but someday and some circuits require that little bit more :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    stingmered wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    jay12

All due respect guys but your (sic) wrong!
    This is the way forward!

Nah, like many on here, I think it looks sh1t. What anybody can possibly want with a 29r (other than looking a bit kooky) I don't know. (I tested one for a week by the way.) They can't be ridden properly hard: you may as well well get a cyclocross!
    Why couldnt you ride it hard? the only issues i have found so far is that on very tight singletrack, it sometimes takes too long to turn, but it has to be really tight to notice it. normal single track and the odd small jumps it handles no problems, get it on a straight or a flowing single track and it leaves 26" behind
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Mark_K the RIP 9 looks odd? that bottom suspension linkage is very odd? have you ridden on? how's it compare to your GF superfly 100? ( i had a look at one btw, very nice)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Mark_K
    I love my Superfly 100 as i wanted a full sus 29er but wanted to run it as hard and tight (ohh err) + I'm short 5'7 so choices are limited but the SF ticked all the boxes for me !
    But I'm lucky that i could keep my EX9.0 with 130mm travel for trail centers ect, however now that i have had some time on the SF and realise just how 29ers swallow up the rough stuff and how versatile they are the EX stands unused :( So i'm tempted to sell my HT 26er and the EX and build a long travel 29er, i do kinda have my eye on the RIP9 but being a short arse its a struggle to get test rides ect and i'm also waiting to see if the MOJO 29er rumors are going to come true :P 8) Ohh and i did try the Santa Cru Tallboy but i just didnt gell with it maybe because i could only try a med ?
    Still say the SF100 is a lovely looker

p4pb5067939.jpg
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    dont really trust tomac frames at all after their earlier snapamatic frames. never like the range either, very uninspired. ive always looked at them as mediocre bikes with an amazing riders name on the down tube. nice chain sucky thing though
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • VWsurfbum
    No doubt the SF is a nice looking bike, the one i looked at was the elite with extra bits and it weighed nothing! I still havent found anyone stocking the rumblefish, as i want to touch it before shedding out loads of money on something that might not fit.
    but the longer this bike buying business drags on the more bikes i see i like, hense this thread LOL
    I keep being tempted to just buy a carbon race frame, swap my running gear onto that and see if that satisfys me but i know in my heart i want another FS bike.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    pastey_boy i've never seen a Tomac bike in real life, the closest ive come is having some signiture tyres LOL
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    pastey_boy i've never seen a Tomac bike in real life, the closest ive come is having some signiture tyres LOL
    seen many in my time including two snapped eli,s and a similarly snapped moah i think it was called. nothing distintive about them theyre just rehashes of existing designs. maybe the new stuff is a lot better but i cant shake the fact they used to fall to pieces.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • notasniceastheonone29erhardtail/10
  • Anonymous
    Nice looking bike, but on an off topic note, does anyone think we will start seeing 29ers run in DH races, and be built to that spec eventually?
    I think there's potential on thr rougher courses. However, it would have to be balanced against slower handling on the tighter sections, which is already hampered by the really slack angles of a DH bike.
    Also, if we're still going to see 200mm+ travel bikes, there's going to be issues of frame/wheel clearance.
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    Not a fan one bit. That head tube looks just wrong. The SC Tall Boy is almost passable but still looks gangly and weird. Not too much a fan of the Garry Fisher either, I think all 29" FS bikes suffer from the same inherent disproportionate looks where everything is squeezed in.
  • VWsurfbum
    milfredo strange you mention the Santa cruz as it's the only one I don't like lol
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    I've not ridden it so I might be miiles off the mark but I think SC have their carbon looks dialled in (not that I am biased or nuffink!)
  • Mark_K
    milfredo wrote:
    Not a fan one bit. That head tube looks just wrong. The SC Tall Boy is almost passable but still looks gangly and weird. Not too much a fan of the Garry Fisher either, I think all 29" FS bikes suffer from the same inherent disproportionate looks where everything is squeezed in.

Although its nice to have a bike that's pleasing to the eye i cant help but notice how many ppl dismiss 29ers because they ".....just look wrong..."
    Try living with one for a bit you'll soon realise that 29ers just ride so nice you wont realy worry what ppl think about the way it looks :D
    The only thing i agree on is the over priced parts :( ......still worth it though imo 8)