Routes to go on Kindle

gdcfc1
gdcfc1 Posts: 125
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Being a proud new Kindle 3 owner (since Christmas) I'd like to use it for more than just book reading.

So ..... what cycle related uses are other owners finding for their Kindle?

And .... does anyone have suggestions for good sources for route plans to download and use on it (as a map or text based, whichever)?

Just read "in Search of Robert Millar" by Richard Moore - a very good read if anyone wants to try it, I recommend it.

looking into the +1

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Surely a map would be lighter and cheaper ?

I like the idea of a kindle - I have the app on my iphone and no need to lug a book round with me - but a map or even a photocopy of a map would be easier out on the road ?
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I've got a Kindle and I love it. For reading.

If you've ever read a book on it which has photographs/maps in it, you'll realise that it's best used just for reading!
  • I love my kindle.

I got it skinned with a holiday snap of my Grand Canyon rafting trip.

P1180550.jpg

P1180549.jpg
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    I love my kindle.

I got it skinned with a holiday snap of my Grand Canyon rafting trip.

P1180550.jpg

P1180549.jpg

sure i saw this on av forums the other day... very cool
    i need more bikes
  • timb64
    timb64 Posts: 248
    That looks great -where did you get it done?
  • gdcfc1
    gdcfc1 Posts: 125
    Stanley222 wrote:
    gdcfc1 wrote:
    Being a proud new Kindle 3 owner (since Christmas) I'd like to use it for more than just book reading.

Isn't that the whole point of the Kindle?! I thought it was just for reading!?!

If you wanted anything else then surely you should get something like an iPad or a laptop???

Yes and No.

Clearly using it to read books is the main purpose. However no harm in being able to do a few extra things that may come up occasionally. For example, I can check the web and see what is news .... but of course I do not use it for all web browsing just for some quick looks when I am out and about with my slim, light Kindle.

Or maybe I should bin my laptop that I am typing this on and struggle through with the Kindle. Or, in fact, ....... no I won't.

What I find interesting here is that instead of (some) people offering useful information or suggestions, they decide to critique the question. heh ho - each to his/her own.

looking into the +1