I have sinned

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
:oops:

Erm quite a while ago way way back in the early days when I was still courting the PF I dabbled with slime stuff on my MTB, after several epic FAILS I gave up, however a couple of the tubes were/are still full of the stuff.

Well aroused by Jan sale fever and being a MASSHOOF tart I though I treat the MTB to a new rear tyre, something cool and fast :oops:

Off came the Conti speedking aka tissue paper and on went the Schwalbe Racing Ralph 8)

Pumped to 20-25 psi and pssssst! :?

Balls I have/had a visit, whipped the new tyre off to reveal an obv hole surrounded by green slime ... hmmm so slime actual held for more than a year and a half.

oops - sorry slime for giving you such a bad time, anyway I slapped a patch on there pumped the tyre up and psssst

No way!

Left the tyre and had some dinner came back and flat as I expected, so I once again whipped the tyre off pumped the tube - nothing!!!!!

Finally I checked the tyre and found 1,2,3 thorns, god-damn the slime had protected me from 3 visits and once again sealed the holes

:D

Ace
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,736
    edited January 2011
    You're still a bit unlucky I reckon as I've had Racing Ralphs (with no slime stuff) on my MTB for the last 2 years and have never had a visit from the PF. Or maybe I'm just more jammy than Hartleys? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    Wot!

You've invaded Pakistan!

By mistake !?!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I had a double visit from the PF on my Racing Ralphs this weekend - decided to go back to 700/28 marathons for the weekend sportive
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You're still a bit unlucky I reckon as I've had Racing Ralphs (with no slime stuff) on my MTB for the last 2 years and have never had a visit from the PF. Or maybe I'm just more jammy than Hartleys? :)

i think he was inflating the tyres after fitting the ralphs so it was the conti speedkings that failed.
    Hat + Beard
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,736
    hatbeard wrote:
    i think he was inflating the tyres after fitting the ralphs so it was the conti speedkings that failed.
    Good spot HB :oops: (Makes mental note to self to RTFQ)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Still rock hard this morning :shock:

My MTB hangs on the wall in the garage, when I just gave the rear wheel a spin the slime induced bounce almost toppled the bike off its wall mount.

:?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.