Haussler's 2011

2»

Comments

• ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Tusher wrote:
    I've always liked Haussler as well, but my heart sank when I read andyp's posts.
    Another one.
    And although there are some riders that I can have a good, uneducated, guess at doping, he was never one of them.

Don't believe everything you read Tusher either written by journalists and especially on this here forum! Read Fignon's book to see how HE felt about journalists.
    Anyway, I like Haussler and I hope he gets back into form.
    So he was a middling sprinter then started doing well in classics? Well maybe because he got older and strength comes with that made a difference.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    Moomaloid wrote:
    is Haussler gonna get trapped in being in the train for Farrar..?

That's the interesting dynamic in the merged teams. Twice as many 'leaders'....

I think Fararr will sacrifice classics leadership for stage race leadership....
  • LJAR
    LJAR Posts: 128
    It is worrying to damn so many people simply by association, by residence, by training partners, by vacation destinations, and any other lightweight link. If that sort of attitude was taken in daily life, one would assume that there are many more criminals and wrong-doers than there are in reality.

Actually people are convicted of circumstantial evidence all the time, in a civil case you only need to establish guilt "on the balance of probability".

If we went by that yardstick - there is plenty of association to "convict" with for many pros that have never failed a dope control.

the "beyond reasonable doubt" is for criminal law.
  • Well his performances in Qatar so far speak for themselves. He is not messing around.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    andyp wrote:
    The UCI are very, very interested in knowing who is working with Ferrari, so no-one publically declares their involvement with him. If you've read the Willy Voet book you'll know Virenque rejected working with him as doing so was basically admitting that you were doping.

What is known is that Ferrari still has clients in the pro peloton and he has a property in St Moritz. Haussler suddenly started spending regular periods of time in St Moritz around the same time he went from being a middling sprinter to a Classics strongman and Tour de France middle mountain stage winner, a performance improvement which caused many to raise their eyebrows. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make the connection.

As for my source of information on Haussler's involvement, I obviously can't name them, but let's just say they had access to the very highest levels of the UCI, ASO and pro team management.

I've been to Sicily - does that make me Mafioso?
  • Tusher wrote:
    I've always liked Haussler as well, but my heart sank when I read andyp's posts.
    Another one.
    And although there are some riders that I can have a good, uneducated, guess at doping, he was never one of them.

Well I heard from a guy down the pub that in fact HH quite often goes training with Cliff Richard, the Dalai Lama and Gandhi round St. Moritz. Also his hobbies include pressing flowers, singing hymns and attacking bank robbers with his handbag...
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Tusher wrote:
    Another one.

Well I heard from a guy down the pub that in fact HH quite often goes training with Cliff Richard, the Dalai Lama and Gandhi round St. Moritz. Also his hobbies include pressing flowers, singing hymns and attacking bank robbers with his handbag...

...all we know is, he's called The Stig.
  • rick_chasey
    Well his performances in Qatar so far speak for themselves. He is not messing around.

Indeed. Bodes well for a team head to head with Team Lux.
  • Getty
    c3e1582d050601726a78074bc35257b5-getty-cycling-qat-tour.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Haaaaah!
  • Well his performances in Qatar so far speak for themselves. He is not messing around.

Erm, it's pronounced Layohpard trek, did you not get the memo?
  • rick_chasey
    Well his performances in Qatar so far speak for themselves. He is not messing around.

Erm, it's pronounced Layohpard trek, did you not get the memo?

If that was the thing I used as a jizzy tissue then yes, I probably did.
  • paggnr
    paggnr Posts: 101
    HH - 2
    Cav - 0
    Cheers
    Pagey
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx
  • rick_chasey
    paggnr wrote:
    HH - 2
    Cav - 0