Cuts & bruises...

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited January 2011 in Health, fitness & training
Hello :D

Following a nasty over-the-bars moment last week I have various cuts and bruises - one little but deep cut just below my knee is still aching and hurting now. With hindsight it probably needed a stitch, but not much I can do about that a week later!

Any ideas on how to sort this out, or is it just a case of letting the cut heal and the bruising go down with time? I'm still riding so it's not stopping me from doing anything, it just feels like someone is repeatedly hitting the bone below my knee with a hammer!

Cheers!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Every night before bed rub in some Savlon or a like. Helped just below my knee heel. PS don't pick and eat the scabs - other people find this repulsive.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    is it red around the cut, swollen? any pus? feel hot? just keep an eye out for signs of infectiion, some anticeptic may help as above

if you are still riding hard this may use up resources that would otherwise assist the healing process....lay off for a week?
  • miss notax
    I don't think it's infected, although there probably was lots of mud and cr@p in it to be honest! It's just so flipping painful - I have had loads of bashes before and for a little cut, this is a cracker :?

I guess if it carries on, i'll go and see the nurse at our surgery :(
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    Probably damamge to the knee such as bruising. Try not to do too much with it.

Ibuprofen will ease the pain and reduce any swelling.

Best thing I was told with big scabs is to buy a a nail buff/filler and sand them down (gently). This stops them getting crispy and cracking.
  • POIDH and MTFU :lol:

only joooking!

You've probably bruised it under the skin so with it repairing itself and with you walking on it there is bound to be some discomfort.

As long as its not still an open wound/bleeding/seeping the I wouldn't worry too much. Just give it time to heal!

I had a deeep cut on my kneecap (from rugby) right down to the bone. took fecking ages to heal and i've got a nice scar to show for it!
  • miss notax
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks guys :D

I think i'm going to have a nice scar anyway!!