The good morning™ morning thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited January 2011 in The Crudcatcher
The morning started with much fail. I phoned up to make a bill payment but as I didn't tell them the exact name on my card as it's printed it got declined, which resulted in much panic.

It's someone's birthday in work so much much cake will be brought in.

As Raymond nicely pointed out, it's been 40+ days since my wheel's been broken, so this will be going to the LBS this morning :D

I probably won't be riding the bike for another 2 weeks though :lol:
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Thank feck for that, saves me doing it today
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning Chaperoonies
    I'm Fecked today, drove 300+ miles yesterday, 2 x disciplinery hearings + all normal work load. really looking forward to having some time off in a few weeks and forgetting about work for a few weeks, even if it does mean doing DIY :twisted:

If anyone fancy's doing midweek wales trips let me know :wink:

Today is more of the same, 2 x disciplinerys and shed load of work, no bacons, no cake just porridge and rice cakes?
    :cry:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Assignment submitted for MBA yesterday, which meant going to the football last night & llandegla tonight. I am a much happier person to be around today :)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Andy wrote:

I'll do you in a minute!

Morning humans and good morning Andy as well. Bit of a lie in today but now I'm off to have the car motted, then have a climb. I might go and get some tiles too to make a start on the bathroom
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning. Going the gym soon, then I shall be cleaning and doing uni work. Fun times. Eugh.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Gazlar wrote:
    Morning humans and good morning Andy as well.

*feels left out*

Good Morning Freaks!

Had to drive into work today as I needed to drop off Mrs C at the hospital and will be picking up Miss C from college later on this evening.

Still feel crap, but much better than yesterday. Need to find me some coffee...
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Yah morning all.

Helped jr with his Maths revision last night, expecting a parcel from CRC at work today, otherwise just another day of maximum meh.

Am going out for a ride tonight whatever happens :|
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning.

Judge by the things people get annoyed about thread for the state of my day so far.

I didn't include the fact that for the first time ever, not having the correct degree (or any degree for that matter) has meant I'm not being put forward for a job, FFS this is despite the fact that I've got 10+ years experience at senior level, managed half the local District Council's Services so well we've only had to cut 2 staff, look after god knows how many small private contracts plus an 11 site PFI contract that has had no KPI failures in 3 years, completed BTEC, god knows how much H&S training to the point there's only one worthwhile course left etc and written most of the submissions on a successful BSF contract.

Meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Woke up massively late again, seems I'm getting good at it :roll: As such I won't be going to lectures and will be watching the tennis and playing COD or GT5 until the time comes to go play hockey.

The hockey match today is a practice against the girls 1st team, so obviously we'll win, then afterwards we'll introduce them to shower club :lol:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    edited January 2011
    My first day of unemployment!
    Anyway I have no regrets leaving, I got paid and still have their company vehicle! Result.
    Today is spent going through my contacts and looking for another job.. wish me luck

On, the good thing is, I should be here when the new crankset arrives with the postie :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Still feeling rough after Kev infected me. (he prob didn't but i need someone to blame). taking loads of pie witht he hope of feeling better for a night ride tomorrow.... (it's not gonna happen i know it)
  • Still feeling rough after Kev infected me. (he prob didn't but i need someone to blame). taking loads of pie witht he hope of feeling better for a night ride tomorrow.... (it's not gonna happen i know it)

A cup of hot lemon juice, honey and ginger sorts any manflu out (assuming you have manflu that is..)
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Andy wrote:

:lol:
    Still feeling rough after Kev infected me. (he prob didn't but i need someone to blame). taking loads of pie witht he hope of feeling better for a night ride tomorrow.... (it's not gonna happen i know it)

A cup of hot lemon juice, honey and ginger sorts any manflu out (assuming you have manflu that is..)

include some whiskey (jamesons is my recommendation) and you will be good to go.

finished my course today, successfully i might add, and am now enjoying a lovely sit down.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    nah not man flu, Just a horrid cold which no matter what i do, will not let me breath rest i could cope with and ride througha dn so on, but breathing is useful ( waskign up gasping is annoying at mo :()
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    My first day of unemployment!
    Anyway I have no regrets leaving, I got paid and still have their company vehicle! Result.
    Today is spent going through my contacts and looking for another job.. wish me luck

On, the good thing is, I should be here when the new crankset arrives with the postie :D
    Good luck

ouchthathurts
    we'll introduce them to shower club
    This sounds a bit weird? is this what you and your fellow hockey boys do after each game? :oops:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Afternoon, Today has been spent cruising the motorawys and renewing fishing club memberships.

Tonight will involve roast chicken, gravy and 5 miles of running.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ouchthathurts
    we'll introduce them to shower club
    This sounds a bit weird? is this what you and your fellow hockey boys do after each game? :oops:
    And I was going to ask you what your avatar meant...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]