IoW Randonee - Sunday May 1st

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
Anyone doing this? 100km (or 50) round the island. Looks like fun, weather should be good and could be some decent pubs to stop off at for a pie and pint. Plus a bank holiday on the monday for the legs recover.

http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/index.php?page=details
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Do it every year - great event and very well attended. The cost is even better!! It's free.

We go from lymington, and the early morning ferry is full of cyclists crossing over. Going Anti-Clockwise means you get the big hills out of the way first as well, although I prefer the descent from Blackgang the other way round.

There is one gravel cyclepath that teh route follows which a lot of the skinney tyre (myself included) bypass and make a slightly longer detour on the roads, but it helps avoid punctures. If you go to the south then the road is hillier, so the rod to the north is a bit longer but actually the quicker option.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    My folks live down there so I tend to pop down and have a quick zip round each year. The course isn't too difficult but it's a nice ride.