buying in classifieds

mr_sj
mr_sj Posts: 507
what comeback or follow up iis there, if any, if you buy something in the classifieds and you dont get it and seller never repsonds to PM's ?

im still giving the guy benefit of teh doubt at the moment as he's a regualr poster but unsure where to go if i dont get it or get any response

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Name and shame in the feed back section and talk to the CAB.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mr_sj
    whats a reasonable amount of time to give someone to post something or at least read their PM's ?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    That is up to you to decide. If someone continues to post regularly yet isn't responding to PM's, that's not good enough in my opinion, though that is purely my opinion.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    I'd be inclined to casually drop into a thread they're posting on & ask if they'd got the pm I sent re. items I'd bought as they hadn't yet arrived, could be an honest mistake somewhere along the lines - how long since you sent payment?
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • mr_sj
    ive been waitin 7 days but others who also bought from him have been waiting nearly 3 weeks.

one of the other lads waiting for stuff has already mentioned something in another thread he ahd been posting on and he did respond to that and said he would send ASAP and he had just forgotten but that was about 4 days ago and still nothing.

as i say i am a trsutong person and currently trying to give him benefit of teh doubt as he has over 1000 posts on here but last 2 PM's ive sent havent even been looked at and during that time he has been posting elswewhere
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Hmmm - if i'd been waiting 3 weeks for stuff i'd already paid for, with no response to pms whilst the guy is still obviously active on the forum, i'd personally be hijacking every thread he posted on demanding my money back immediately. 3 weeks (in the other buyers' case) is taking the piss, if he's got time to post on the forum, he's obviously got time to package stuff up & take it to the post office.
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Can you PM me and tell me who it is?
  • mr_sj
    has all been sorted now and i eventually recieved the bars after waiting just over 2 weeks.