scott cr1 comp or cannondale caad 10

Dennis1971
Dennis1971 Posts: 37
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am offered a Scott cr1 Comp for £1150 which is discounted a lot, also looking at a CAAD10 at £1180.

I made a picture in my mind that I was going for Sh 105 minimum and was not going to be to bothered of going full carbon. The shop claims the frame is fantastic and I should not worry about the group too much. The rear is still 105.

I am about to get employed permanently but not going to bother with cyclescheme on discounted bikes (price goes up again due to the loss the shop makes on the scheme).

Also looked at 2010 wilier la triestina mirage.

So is the carbon frame soo much better?

Dennis

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    What do you want it for?

The CR1 is a very plush frame, incredibly smooth and I doubt the caad10, as good as it is, will be as smooth.
  • Will be using for the commute to work (32 miles round trip), sportivo's, london2paris24.

Ta
    Dennis
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    I bought a cr1 comp and eventually upgraded to a mix of DA and ultegra. It is a very comfortable ride and i loved doing london Paris on it. it eats the miles and is very comfy. i did fit carbon bars though and it seemed even more comfortable. this may just be the placebo effect but having spent the earth on them i was bound to think they were great lol
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon