Has Spring Arrived!

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
I heard (on QI) that spring arrives in the Highlands about 8 weeks after London (I paraphrase the conclusion).

So how come my route to work was full of other bloody bikes and pedestrians? In all of last week I didn't see a single other bike or pedestrian going my way. Then yesterday a pedestrian and a baggy-shorted MTBer (easy game). But today! Bloody bikes everywhere (ok 4 in 15 miles)(but that's my quota for a month in summer) and loads of peds too. Can I have the cold weather back? Don't they know it's still January? Where do they all go when the weather gets properly nice (ie shorts weather)?
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Where do they all go when the weather gets properly nice (ie shorts weather)?

on holiday :)
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard wrote:
    Where do they all go when the weather gets properly nice (ie shorts weather)?

on holiday :)

The arctic to stop them melting ?
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I agree! Yesterday I whipped past about 5 cyclist in a 500yrd stretch on Maryhill Road, that was more than I have seen in last 2 months....

It must be the warmth, great to be back in shorts.... though not quite short sleeves yet!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Thread title should be "Has Spring Sprung"
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    i reckon it'll get colder again before it gets hotter.
    Hat + Beard
  • The dawn chorus was going this morning when I took the dog out. First time I've heard the birdies sing for a while.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Going to snow Friday :cry:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Going to snow Friday :cry:

Bugger. BBC's showing Thursday. Does that mean Saturday?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."