Who has a tattoo?

2»

Comments

• mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    Not many negatives in this thread oddly. :?

Along with gum-chewing, baseball caps, shaven heads, studded flesh, piercings and so on (you get my drift?), I always look upon those who defile themselves with tattoos as lacking somewhat in the IQ department. And, in my experience, they usually are. They appear to want to signal themselves to be a sub-species of some sort. They look revolting and are a real turn-off. Why do they do it? It totally baffles me. One for anthropologists to chew on perhaps.

Yes, you're right, I'm an 'old-git', and perhaps I'm not meant to understand it. Yet despite that, there are plenty of my ilk that bear the wounds of tattoos too, so I cannot excuse myself with that I'd suppose. But, ...baffling.
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    mercsport wrote:

Along with gum-chewing, baseball caps, shaven heads, studded flesh, piercings and so on (you get my drift?), I always look upon those who defile themselves with tattoos as lacking somewhat in the IQ department. And, in my experience, they usually are. They appear to want to signal themselves to be a sub-species of some sort. They look revolting and are a real turn-off. Why do they do it? It totally baffles me. One for anthropologists to chew on perhaps.

Yes, you're right, I'm an 'old-git', and perhaps I'm not meant to understand it. Yet despite that, there are plenty of my ilk that bear the wounds of tattoos too, so I cannot excuse myself with that I'd suppose. But, ...baffling.

They got ya mate, hook, line and sinker and they will reel you in now :oops:

I thought me popeye was better, probably from the wrong era though :roll:
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    I started getting them when I was 17. I don't regret the early ones, although I wish I'd gone to a bit more effort finding a good artist as they weren't exactly masterpieces. I didn't get any more after I was about 19 until about 5 years ago. I now have 2 sleeves and a few on my body.
    I studied literature, I'm not a football hooligan and liked the fact that I had my "secret" under my suit at work. I have references to ex-girlfriends, but they're so subtle that nobody apart from her or myself would ever know.
    Go ahead and get one. Needles can only be used once so don't worry about catching anything. And get something reasonable big from a good artist. It's something that can never be taken away from you.
  • mercsport wrote:

Let me see, IT professional, part-part semi-pro photographer, well educated, above average IQ - yeah...can see how I fit in with your demographic on that one.

Try not to lump us all in the same boat there's a good lad :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    mercsport wrote:

That's because when people have only nasty things to say, they often say nothing...
  • Ron Stuart
    mercsport wrote:

Let me see, IT professional, part-part semi-pro photographer, well educated, above average IQ - yeah...can see how I fit in with your demographic on that one.

Try not to lump us all in the same boat there's a good lad :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: Who's hooked who?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    mercsport wrote:

And that, right there folks, is a master class in how to generalise and put people in pigeon holes.

I'd rather have a drink with a tattoo artist, than a Mercedes driver...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ron Stuart
    Ben6899 wrote:
    mercsport wrote:

And that, right there folks, is a master class in how to generalise and put people in pigeon holes.

I'd rather have a drink with a tattoo artist, than a Mercedes driver...

Probably best having the drink after having the tattoo done me thinks :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No tattoos for me, I like them though especially on a woman if they are good. I always fancied one, almost got a full shoulder done in Miami when I was drunk but bottled it.
    Fair play if you want one. :D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    mercsport wrote:

Sir Chris Hoy never struck me as having a low IQ.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    CHAV

No thanks.
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    Yes, don't regret either (not yet anyway) and my IQ is 138 apparently. Funny that.

Edit: Major image size fail. Hmm, IQ doesn't extend to html
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    Ginjafro wrote:
    I guy at work has a monkey tattoo like this around his belly button, always makes me laugh.

4763_2382_monkey-tattoo.jpg

and hows that going to look when he is 60 on the beach with his grandkids ?
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Ginjafro wrote:
    I guy at work has a monkey tattoo like this around his belly button, always makes me laugh.

and hows that going to look when he is 60 on the beach with his grandkids ?

Probably no worse than the average 60 year old you'll ever see on the beach.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    yes I have one that my hubby paid for. I'll never get rid of that! plus 2 others that i kind of like
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • A mate of mine had one done when we were young. The problem was he was pissed at the time and worst still our mate doing the "art work" was also pissed ! He wanted The clash on his arm but ended up with The Flash. We have called him Flash ever since !

Gav