St Malo to Bordeaux

bburbidge
bburbidge Posts: 2
edited January 2011 in Tour & expedition
Starting to plan route. Any top tips for most scenic/interesting roads along the way.

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    How long are you going for? Don't underestimate the time you need - at least if you are planning on sightseeing etc. If time is limited and you are dead set on going to Bordeaux then I'd seriously consider taking the ferry to Roscoff rather than St Malo (from St Malo there are some lovely beaches, but the most interesting coastline is further west).

Michelin maps (or the viamichelin.com website) are very helpful in that they show scenic routes in green - I've always found these worth doing.

My first tip would be to avoid the temptation to go straight over the barrage over the Rance and instead pick up the scenic route that follows the estuary. There's another signed scenic route further along the coast.
  • Hi, if you are heading towards Loire valley/Saumur, then south through the Deux Sevres -Parthenay or Bressuire. You will find beautiful rolling hills and countryside. There is a great B&B at Pamplie where cyclists are catered for. The website is www.bluebicycleholidays.com
    Hope this is helpful!