Why do you use Crudcatcher?

Gerryattrick
Gerryattrick Posts: 24
edited January 2011 in The Crudcatcher
New to Bikeradar, although Ive used it a lot as a visitor, and it's a very good site.

Surprised at first by Crudcatcher but I quite like it because it's the only forum I know where writing and reading bollocks is almost compulsory. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not going to make a habit of it though.

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Why Not? we do?
    Where else can you tell people to feck off and their opinions dont count?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I have to use the CrudCatcher. It's part of my therapy and reahabilitation back into society. I'm making very good progress and will soon be able to actually meet up with real people in person and not just over the internet.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    theres no real people on the internet anyway
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    cause its a bit of fun, nothing is serious and the folk with half an ounce of intelligence enjoy it instead of getting upset by it.

it does look like the very large leash with which this bit of the forum is usually run has been shortened with the creation of a new more serious off topic section and a new thread in each about the rules.
  • im a casual observer, but some of the threads in here become jolly funny thanks to postings of certain members :D

previous classics have included the discs/rotors fiasco and the student loan shambles
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    becasue it fun and more relaxed. 3/4 of my posts are in the crudcatcher
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Lol 100% of my post are here. Old habits and rules have me set in my way.

And I'm mainly on here when I should be doing uni work.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    jay12 wrote:
    becasue it fun and more relaxed. 3/4 of my posts are in the crudcatcher

that and you are 12 and not officially allowed to be let out of the play pen area proper yet.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I particularly enjoy the intellectual, well reasoned arguments.
    And the bollocks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • blister pus

it does look like the very large leash with which this bit of the forum is usually run has been shortened with the creation of a new more serious off topic section and a new thread in each about the rules.

there's no reason why they can't leave this (CC) the way it is and have a new anodyne smartened up 'OT' forum where you have to put a a shirt and tie on. I live in a few tech forums where that happens. Split off into sections like, 'the village idiot' / 'people's court', etc, everybody knows the score and knows where to dump the toxic bile, where to have adult fun and where to debate properly. It works fine when people know the score and everybody gets what they want.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    its easy to forget that the difference between this place and lots of others is the connection to a mainstream publishing company.

i for one think a toned down and better behaved forum would make this a more pleasant place to enjoy for more people. im fed up with people derailing threads which start innocently.
  • There's more to any Forum than just discussing whatever the Forum is focused on
    We also have a FaceBook Crudcatcher group to discuss / post those things we're not allowed to here..
    It's a closed group and you have to grovel to join
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    there's no reason why they can't leave this (CC) the way it is and have a new anodyne smartened up 'OT' forum where you have to put a a shirt and tie on.
    As opposed to the crudcatcher, where it's pretty much mandatory that you are at least mostly naked, smeared in other people's blood and puke, and smearing yourself with muck, and screaming like a crazy thing :lol:
  • blister pus
    Pretty much, yeh.

What's wrong with that? :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    its easy to forget that the difference between this place and lots of others is the connection to a mainstream publishing company.

i for one think a toned down and better behaved forum would make this a more pleasant place to enjoy for more people. im fed up with people derailing threads which start innocently.

Back on the medication are you? You almost sound sane. There's no place here for that.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I used to use the Crudcatcher, but now I've decide to try MuckyNutz instead
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    I have to use the CrudCatcher. It's part of my therapy and reahabilitation back into society. I'm making very good progress and will soon be able to actually meet up with real people in person and not just over the internet.

That's what they tell you. Really, it's just a way to observe you in your natural habitat: The Internet. It's like countryfile, but less boring.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    New to Bikeradar, although Ive used it a lot as a visitor, and it's a very good site.

Surprised at first by Crudcatcher but I quite like it because it's the only forum I know where writing and reading bollocks is almost compulsory. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not going to make a habit of it though.

who the feck are you?

*standard crudcatcher response :lol:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    most of my post's are here cuz it's a laf. Innit. Bra.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I use it to talk to men I'd like to meet
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • joshtp
    Gazlar wrote:

*man love alert*

*man love alert*

*man love alert*

:lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Gazlar
    joshtp wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

*man love alert*

*man love alert*

*man love alert*

I'll lube your nuts in a minute!!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • joshtp
    AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

the man love is coming!!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

HELP!!!

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

I like bikes and stuff
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Gazlar wrote:
    joshtp wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

*man love alert*

*man love alert*

*man love alert*

I'll lube your nuts in a minute!!!

you haven't got a good nut lubing in you
  • Gazlar
    joshtp wrote:
    AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

the man love is coming!!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

HELP!!!
    HELP!!!!

HELP!!!!

shh it's out little secret, no point screaming for help, nobody will believe you and they will put your mum in jail because you were telling lies about the bigger boys!

Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Because we can't look at vajazzled products at work.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!