My genesis core 20

Genesis Core 20
Genesis Core 20 Posts: 81
edited January 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all,
Ive had my 2009 Genesis Core 20 for just over 2 years now. I love it to bits but some of his bits are becoming a bit out of date. I would like to upgrade it to make it a bit better for endurance riding (camping etc) but still have a bit of an edge for off-road (Hence im not going to use slicks). I have a few pics here so you can see whats currently on it and give me your thoughts and ideas for upgrading etc. (P.S. sorry about the the dirt, just back from a very mucky 30miler)

Half way through its mucky ride
0890dd69.jpg

2b1d5c18.jpg

91f9663a.jpg

New DMR grips, cateye lights and computer
4d237aa8.jpg

81722f81.jpg

Thanks all

Comments

• great bike, white always looks better when its dirty, chainset would be an obvious upgrade to an external bottom bracket design, shimano deore can be had for around £50, easy enough to change with the right tools
  • thanks very much :D Mmmmh dont think i want to start messing about with the chain set. Any other ideas? Was thinking of changing the seat post but i dont know anything about them, can you tell me about them?
    Cheers
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Why change the seat post? your one looks ok? unless you want to go down the weight weenie route? unless you want a height adjustable one, then i say do it, transforms your riding.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty