The Tripletts of Belleville

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Got this DVD for Christmas and only just got round to watching it ......

anyone else seen it ?

very ..... french

very .... odd

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286244/

Comments

• Graculus
    Graculus Posts: 107
    Yes, we got it as a freebie with a newspaper a few years ago. I watched it with my 11 year old son and we both agreed that it was very, very weird - but we enjoyed it though. The animation is lovely and the dog and the granny are great characters...
  • Yeah, bought this on DVD about 3 or 4 years ago. I think is a brilliant film.

There are many strange characters in it, but if you stick with it, it's a very satisfying watch.

Disney it ain't!
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    If you liked it try to find "The Old Lady and the Pigeons"
    The Illusionist is coming out very soon too.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    I think I liked it ......

.... I am still unsure !!

glad other people have heard of it, my mother in law bought it for me and she watched it first !
  • I got it a few years back, must rewatch it sometime.
    It's marvelous! :D
    Funniest bit's the old dear fishing!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • nwallace
    I got it a few years back, must rewatch it sometime.
    It's marvelous! :D
    Funniest bit's the old dear fishing!

Agree!
    Didn't think you fished for Frogs though, shouldn't it be Frogging? Although that's damn close to Dogging.
    Do Nellyphants count?

• MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I'm sure it was called Belleville Rendezvous when I saw it at the cinema!
  • gethmetal
    gethmetal Posts: 208
    BBC3 televised Belleville Rendezvous last year as part of their series on cycling. Other shows were that bloke building his Rourke up with bits from far-flung places and an excellent documentary on Tom Simpson.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    It's all about the bike and the Tom Simpson documentary are on BBC4 again next Sunday.
  • Watched it a few years back with a mate and my immediate comments were that it was a "deeply puzzling and unfulfilling experience, much like cracking one off into a sodoku book" - I stand by my comments :shock:
  • great film, but im not the kind of person to crack one off tot a soduko book
    Suburban studs yodel better than anyone else
  • I saw it years ago and loved it, also got the DVD for my then-teen niece who also loved it.

I caught it on German TV a couple of years ago - bizarrely, the jazzy Belleville Rendez-Vous song at the beginning had been replaced by some 'oompah' monstrosity - are German musical tastes really that unsophisticated?
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    I watched it when it first came out but I was half asleep at the time so I didn't fully appreciate it but I remember liking what I did see...

(I must watch it again some time when I'm fully awake!)
  • nwallace
    ColinJ wrote:
    I watched it when it first came out but I was half asleep at the time so I didn't fully appreciate it but I remember liking what I did see...

(I must watch it again some time when I'm fully awake!)

Sounds almost like the first time I saw Watership down, I promptly turned the telly off and went back to sleep convinced it was just a drunken nightmare.
    Do Nellyphants count?