Heavyweights... Ha.

gethmetal
gethmetal Posts: 208
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Anybody else stay up for the Holyfield/Williams circus?
I'd feel robbed, if I'd paid for it.

Comments

• was there any clowns
    going downhill slowly
  • gethmetal
    gethmetal Posts: 208
    Just one, former World Heavyweight Champion Evander Holyfield. Sad times for Boxing.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    sad times for holyfield

Such a great fighter, who took on and beat the much bigger and stronger riddick bowe, beat George foreman, mike tyson, michael moorer,, buster douglas, I thought he beat lennox lewis,
    the guy beat all the best fighters of his era. And now he can't beat the journeyman fighters of THIS era. he should have retired after the second tyson fight, as should tyson

Very sad indeed. I hear he needs the money.

Why..??????
  • carrock wrote:

Why..??????

Possibly because whatever he earnt in the past, he's spent on wild living/drugs/hoes/cars, his hangers-on have enbezzled & spent, he's paid in alimony, the taxman's caught up with him, he invested in some scam & Ponzi's blown the lot?

Boxing & brains don't go together very well, how many others are in the same boat and need a lot of money?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    carrock wrote:

Why..??????

Possibly because whatever he earnt in the past, he's spent on wild living/drugs/hoes/cars, his hangers-on have enbezzled & spent, he's paid in alimony, the taxman's caught up with him, he invested in some scam & Ponzi's blown the lot?

Boxing & brains don't go together very well, how many others are in the same boat and need a lot of money?

It's more likely, as is often the case - once you are used to particular lifestyle, you are keen to sustain it.
  • carrock wrote:

Why..??????

Tyson spent $4000 a Month just feeding his Tiger.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Slightly off subject but I went to see Tyson do a talk recently in Gateshead and it was a complete joke. The bloke turned up 3 hours late, spoke for 30 minutes max, charged £20 for a photo then left. To be honest, I don't blame Tyson but the organisers. I was actually going to ask him about the first Holyfield fight but there was no opportunity for questions.

Evander Holyfield was a fantastic fighter in his day as someone has already said he took on all fighters who were usually much bigger than him having moved up from Cruiser Weight. The problem these days is the big fights don't often happen and it now seems unlikely that Haye will fight either Klitscho before he rtires later this year.