Bloody cyclists

2»

Comments

• It looks like this guy goes out of his way to put himself into situations where he will have an excuse to become angry. Thank God he doesn't have one of these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIGazSFvA9U)
    Specialized Langster
    Specialized Enduro Expert
    Specialized Rockhopper

This season I will be mainly riding a Specialized
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Posted a link to this thread on one of his videos. I honestly think he needs to see how other cyclists view him, might just save his life.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    What a hateful cretin.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    edited January 2011
    dodgy wrote:
    Posted a link to this thread on one of his videos. I honestly think he needs to see how other cyclists view him, might just save his life.

unfortunately I think the only response you will get is a barely literate abuse filled one; at least judging by his responses on his videos anyway.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    dodgy wrote:

unfortunately I think the only response you will get is a barely literate abuse filled one; at judging by his responses on his videos anyway.

It's bad enough debating with Brekkie - who left his logic on his home planet, I presume. I think this loon could be highly entertaining though.
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    This is what 40 years of vehicular cycling does to you...
    Seriously though this guy has issues.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I agree to the extent that you have to cycle defensively, particularly under such conditions, but I find it hard to accept that a car can play follow my leader (the car in front's gone so I can go too...), push their bonnet out directly into the path of a cyclist in poor visibility with no risk at all to themselves and with no respect for other road users - and then find that cyclists end up blaming the cyclist. The cyclist has a duty of self-preservation, certainly. And other people's safety is a mutually shared responsibility - but in practice, when it's motor and bike, the driver presents a danger to the cyclist without facing a danger themselves. And I believe that drivers have no right to put other road users in danger because they don't care, aren't looking, or make bad decisions from within the safety of their cockpits.

Personally, I've got a deep scar in my left calf that still irritates me after 2 years, because someone decided to pull out in front of me - daylight, good visibility plus hi-viz, from the other side of the road and I wasn't even moving at a particularly fast speed.

The same could easily happen if it was a car coming too. The difference is a car would probably slow rather than swerve across the carriageway shouting "Waaaaaankeeeeeer!"

I don't like the habit of cars pulling out of side roads into oncoming traffic but it seems to have become pretty standard and it's not exactly a surprise when it happens.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    I found this guys YT channel as I was browsing for 'incidents' in my local area - http://www.youtube.com/user/idontpayroadtax

Quite the opposite of the above mentioned tw@t. Some great vids and scary driving.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • straas
    straas Posts: 338
    Rather than turn this into a heated debate about on youtuber who may or may not be sane let's try and get some more examples of bad bicycling that maybe we can learn from;

A common mistake that can lead to serious problems - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12fMTAQyXTI
    FCN: 6
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mr Plum wrote:
    I found this guys YT channel as I was browsing for 'incidents' in my local area - http://www.youtube.com/user/idontpayroadtax

Quite the opposite of the above mentioned tw@t. Some great vids and scary driving.

Now this guy is the opposite, some truly bad examples of driving there and dignity maintained through out.
  • RichardSwt wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:

Now this guy is the opposite, some truly bad examples of driving there and dignity maintained through out.

That guy's first video is brilliant- an argument with a lorry driver about road tax not existing. Appalling driving, glad to see he was prosecuted!
    Giant Defy 3
    FCN 5

All wrenching and no riding makes me frickin' angry...
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    RichardSwt wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:

That guy's first video is brilliant- an argument with a lorry driver about road tax not existing. Appalling driving, glad to see he was prosecuted!

The one with the guy in the blue Fiesta is also a gooden.

Videos like these and this guys YT channel do serve a good purpose because if more drivers were aware that more and more cyclists are using helmet cams then they may reconsider their driving habits. I've personally started to use one on my commute because I'm p*ssed off with inconsiderate d*ckhead drivers thinking they can 'get away with it' when it comes to cyclists.

Other cyclists, such as the tw@t in the OP, give all cyclists a bad name regardless of the cam and his YT channel.
    FCN 2 to 8