getting to gisburn

birchy
birchy Posts: 309
edited January 2011 in Routes
Ok i am planning on going over to gisburn in the next few weeks, i have used the aa route planner to get me there but it doesn't so me directions to the forest itself i am coming from york so if anyone can give me a good idea of the quickest way it would be helpful :)
P.s i am travelling from the york area

Comments

• woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    A59 to Skipton then A65 thru Gargrave & Hellifield to Long Preston, left on Station Rd towards Tosside...About 7 miles after Long Preston crossroads called Stephen Moor. Turn right and watch for car park on the right. You have arrived at your destination.. :D
  • I imagine that the AA route planner has shown you the best route really. It's a lovely road to drive there, nice and bendy at the National Speed Limit 8)

The only point I can mention is when you get to the small village there, you'll find a stone cross at a T junction, you'll see a pub very close by. Park there, then you'll find your way quite easily. Also, bring monies, the pub is excellent!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro