Possible Stolen Wilier Cento Uno

drummer
drummer Posts: 246
edited March 2011 in Road stolen
This seems too incredible to be true.

Is anybody missing a Wilier Cento Uno with Dura Ace??

http://www.gumtree.com/london/76/71921476.html
chris

Comments

• MRadd
    MRadd Posts: 205
    Seems incredible, yes...

But credible.. Due to all the detail thats been gone into.

11/28.. wouldn't expect a theiving toe-rag to count them...
    Ergo bars...

Its quite a thorough advert if it is a stolen!
    : "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :
  • 5pudgun
    5pudgun Posts: 402
    Think it'll be a scam rather than a stolen bike.multiple email addresses then some mad payment method. Be careful
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    could be a simple mistake on the price
    I ride therefore I am
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Photos don't seem like an ordinary seller if you know what i mean. Looks stock photo. Yeah, suspicious.

@510 gotta be stolen with DA equipment aboard.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Scam...
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    SRAM
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The Zero Gravity brakes alone are almost the asking price!
  • no way on earth genuine
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Definite scam - when contacted this type of seller asks for a payment to some form of Escrow service - kiss goodbye to £510!

Tell them you'll pay cash on collection and listen to the excuses!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    +1 It's bullshit those photos aren't in London.

the seller will have "just relocated" to somewhere else so no collection etc etc
  • Have sent a PM saying I'll buy the bike pay cash on collection. We shall see....
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    I cannot see it anymore As of 12.42pm it appears to have gone. :?
  • yea :( same, please keep us updated whoever has looked into this :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • larmurf
    larmurf Posts: 110
    MarcBC wrote:
    I cannot see it anymore As of 12.42pm it appears to have gone. :?

At that price I'm not surprised
    Mahatma Gandhi was asked by a British journalist what he thought of Western civilisation. "I think it would be a good idea," he replied.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Might be coincidental, butI reported it as fraudulent to Gumtree about 11.15 am. Sent them a link to the Arizona ebay sale.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Well having expressed an 'interest' in the Cento Uno, here was my reply - no surprise to see the escrow service offered!

I'll not be following it up any further.

Hi,
    I will try to write in english.
    I saw that you are interested in my bike.
    I'm italian, i have stayed with my wife in London for 7 months but i moved back to Italy 2 weeks ago. I have posted the bike on the internet a log time ago, but i don't know what happend with the website because now i saw that is online. I received many e-mails.
    Anyway, i still have the bike for sale, but is in Italy now with me. If you want to buy it, i can send the bike in UK with an escrow company on my own cost. I have used this tipes of companies before and i'm familiar with their services.
    I know that no one wants to buy something without seeing it first. So we can do like this if you are interested to buy my bike, i will send the bike to you, i can let you 4-5 days for inspection to see the bike and ride it, if you are happy with it you can keep it, if not i will accept returns and you can send it back on my own cost. But i can assure you that this bike is in a perfect working condition, it has low kilometers about 300 because i don't have time anymore for it and i need the money now.
    If you want to see more pictures please let me know.
    Let me know if we can arrange a deal, i preffer to send the bike in UK because i know that there are good people, not false. I had the best time in London, but i had some financial problems.
    I wait your e-mail.
    You can try calling on my cell: 0039148294830, but I have a very weak signal here. I wait to get a land line, but I have not received any response yet.
    Any other information you want, please tell me, I respond with the greatest pleasure.

Thank you very much
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I am tempted, it is so cheap.

Might sleep on it.
  • nochekmate wrote:
    Well having expressed an 'interest' in the Cento Uno, here was my reply - no surprise to see the escrow service offered!

Hi,
    I'm italian, i have stayed with my wife in London for 7 months but i moved back to Italy 2 weeks ago. I have posted the bike on the internet a log time ago, but i don't know what happend with the website because now i saw that is online. I received many e-mails.
    Anyway, i still have the bike for sale, but is in Italy now with me. If you want to buy it, i can send the bike in UK with an escrow company on my own cost. I have used this tipes of companies before and i'm familiar with their services.
    I know that no one wants to buy something without seeing it first. So we can do like this if you are interested to buy my bike, i will send the bike to you, i can let you 4-5 days for inspection to see the bike and ride it, if you are happy with it you can keep it, if not i will accept returns and you can send it back on my own cost. But i can assure you that this bike is in a perfect working condition, it has low kilometers about 300 because i don't have time anymore for it and i need the money now.
    Let me know if we can arrange a deal, i preffer to send the bike in UK because i know that there are good people, not false. I had the best time in London, but i had some financial problems.
    I wait your e-mail.
    You can try calling on my cell: 0039148294830, but I have a very weak signal here. I wait to get a land line, but I have not received any response yet.
    Any other information you want, please tell me, I respond with the greatest pleasure.

Thank you very much

Don't think so somehow, would rather let a fox look after a flock of chickens!
  • bigdavevw
    bigdavevw Posts: 213
    haha i got the exact same reply, he must just copy and paste it into loads of emails. I,m gonna string him along for a bit i think, asking him stupid questions etc :lol::lol:
  • i was curious so i responded to the ad! sure enough he claimed to be in italy and asked for escrow transaction - I told him to shove it!!!
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    Just for the record, Escrow isn't a dodgy paying system, its absolutely brilliant and very secure, its essentially identical to paypal, its what you use when your buying direct from wholesalers, I buy alot of bike equipment from indonesia, all genuine original things, just straight out of the factory, all with Escrow.
  • nochekmate wrote:

Hi,
    I wait your e-mail.

Thank you very much

Thats the exact email i got, definately a scam