Traffic chaos? What traffic chaos!

AndyF16
AndyF16 Posts: 506
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Due to some unfortunate lorry driver trying to ramraid a tanker containing 28000 litres of ethanol earlier on the A14, on my way home from today's ride the gridlock had started to develop into Friday evening misery

So it felt particularly good to sail past a 1.5 mile queue of traffic on the last section home, no doubt 99% of them just thought 'smug tosser' but maybe it might get one or two considering commuting on a bike? :lol:

By the way I arrived home to find out street was in the 200m exclusion zone, still took the chance of having my post-ride pre-bikewash ciggie in the back garden though :shock:
2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange

Comments

• crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I thought you wanted to give up this year?,keep at it anyway fella.
  • AndyF16
    I did, and still do - off to see the quack for some chemical intervention shortly mate
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    yeah heard about it and avoided it. Usually get my daughter for weekends and have to use A14/M11, nightmare at the best of times .....
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    "Traffic chaos" is often just normal traffic in most places I find.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    AndyF16 wrote:
    Due to some unfortunate lorry driver trying to ramraid a tanker containing 28000 litres of ethanol earlier on the A14, on my way home from today's ride the gridlock had started to develop into Friday evening misery

So it felt particularly good to sail past a 1.5 mile queue of traffic on the last section home, no doubt 99% of them just thought 'smug tosser' but maybe it might get one or two considering commuting on a bike? :lol:

By the way I arrived home to find out street was in the 200m exclusion zone, still took the chance of having my post-ride pre-bikewash ciggie in the back garden though :shock:

Checked your garden isn't on fire? Ethanol Burns colourless...
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    So you smoke to be able to say after a hard ride "It felt like my legs/lungs were on fire." :lol:
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • AndyF16
    nwallace wrote:
    Checked your garden isn't on fire? Ethanol Burns colourless...

D'you know, I thought it was unseasonably warm on our patio this morning - might explain why that blackbird was leaving a smouldering vapour trail as he took off