Nutter under train...

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
... but surviving, and filming to tell the tale.

Nutter.

Comments

• Idiot
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    If only the train was just that little bit lower......... :)
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    What worries me is 99 other idiots think this is good? I understand that to experience the buzz of life most when closest to death but this muppet must have a death wish... Hope the transport police track him and do him! Imagine how the driver must feel on approach?? Just completely mad :shock:
  • If only the train was just that little bit lower......... :)

Or if they were all outfitted with excrement covered Butchers hooks underneath.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724

He's lucky he chose such an old class of train to lie under. More modern one's have loads of electronic sensors and stuff hanging underneath.
    Saw a picture during training of a woman who did something similar, a body without a backbone in it is not a pretty sight.
    We have enough sh&t as train drivers without c%$ts like this putting ideas into other minds, someone copying this will probably pick the wrong train.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    markos1963 wrote:

He's lucky he chose such an old class of train to lie under. More modern one's have loads of electronic sensors and stuff hanging underneath.
    Saw a picture during training of a woman who did something similar, a body without a backbone in it is not a pretty sight.
    We have enough sh&t as train drivers without c%$ts like this putting ideas into other minds, someone copying this will probably pick the wrong train.

Agreed. you'd never get a person under one of our trains alive like that!!
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    How boring must it be in his world when you think this is a good idea? In this life there are winners and there are losers. He most definately is a loser.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    How boring must it be in his world when you think this is a good idea? In this life there are winners and there are losers. He most definitely is a loser.

Agreed. Though I can understand people who need to take risks....base jumping, scaling buildings with no ropes etc etc. The difference is that if you get that wrong and die, nobody else will have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    markos1963 wrote:

What I'm thinking is that's got to be on a preserved line, which means (probably) volunteer driver, possibly cab riding people etc.

Possibly also lucky it wasn't a kettle.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    It's his life, if it went wrong at least that'd be one line of idiots less to breed. In fact, perhaps we should encourage this more?

Yes I know you'll have train drivers and emergency services up in arms, but they knew the score when they joined right? I've seen my fair share of messy corpses, and accidents look no different to suicides look no different to murders.
    "Coming through..."
  • markos1963
    nwallace wrote:
    markos1963 wrote:

What I'm thinking is that's got to be on a preserved line, which means (probably) volunteer driver, possibly cab riding people etc.

Possibly also lucky it wasn't a kettle.

Almost certainly a Class 52 which indeed means a preserved railway. Volunteers or not it wouldn't detract from the psycoligical damage to the people involved had there been a injury or the shock there would have been from a near miss.
    I have had to be sent home from work after a near miss so shaken I was by it. This obviously had a knock on effect with some of my later journeys cancelled.
  • markos1963
    TuckerUK wrote:
    It's his life, if it went wrong at least that'd be one line of idiots less to breed. In fact, perhaps we should encourage this more?

Yes I know you'll have train drivers and emergency services up in arms, but they knew the score when they joined right? I've seen my fair share of messy corpses, and accidents look no different to suicides look no different to murders.

Are you for real?
    I didn't sign up as a train driver to kill people but to get them as safely as possible to their destinations.
    The difference between us and the emercency services is that they don't get involved with the actual act of killing someone.
    And it's no easier for emergency services, my best man is in the police force and has more than his fair share of trauma for a lifetime
  • oh well, natural selection, kill all the really stupid people and save the world :twisted: :lol:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    How boring must it be in his world when you think this is a good idea? In this life there are winners and there are losers. He most definitely is a loser.

Agreed. Though I can understand people who need to take risks....base jumping, scaling buildings with no ropes etc etc. The difference is that if you get that wrong and die, nobody else will have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives.

See what you mean, kind of? If you base jump off a tall building and get it wrong some people may be affected. The person you could land on may not like it, and the people who may have to scrape you off the pavement might need a stiff drink afterwards! The thing this idiot fails to realise though is that if he gets this wrong, people are gonna be late for work. How inconsiderate can you be? :)
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    markos1963 wrote:
    Almost certainly a Class 52 which indeed means a preserved railway. Volunteers or not it wouldn't detract from the psycoligical damage to the people involved had there been a injury or the shock there would have been from a near miss.
    I have had to be sent home from work after a near miss so shaken I was by it. This obviously had a knock on effect with some of my later journeys cancelled.

I'm thinking more level of support available, your employer or union should at least be set up to deal with this as they know it happens.
    A volunteer organisation on the other hand, possibly with paying guests witnessing it probably aren't
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • complete tosser :x
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    The sod does this for a buzz but doesn't realise how may people he may affect, complete bastard
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    TuckerUK wrote:

Are you serious ? You think train divers should be expected to put up with sh*t form morons like this. I'm happy for you that you can brush aside 'messy corpses' perhaps you hadn't considered the difference between seeing them and knowing you killed them
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    TuckerUK wrote:

Are you serious ? You think train divers should be expected to put up with sh*t form morons like this. I'm happy for you that you can brush aside 'messy corpses' perhaps you hadn't considered the difference between seeing them and knowing you killed them

Whilst I don't totally agree with tucker's sentiments, to say 'knowing you killed them' isn't true..it was their choice to lie there after all. I fully appreciate it will be traumatic for a driver but ultimately logic has to win out, it wasn't in your hands.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    i got seriously hurt by a car driver. i saw her at the court when she was prosecuted man she looked proper rough. i actually felt sorry for her , my memory is protecting me but she looked like she been reliving my flying lessons (motorbike crash) its going to leave some scars even if its not your fault.(this was)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    TuckerUK wrote:

In what sense has a driver who could not even have stopped the train before the moron if he/she had wanted, killed anyone?

Don't be ridiculous.

If some idiot lays down on a train track then his/her life is their own responsibility.

I agree that we should hope that more halfwits do it and are prevented from breeding..
  • it can affect people mentally very badly having caused the death of someone even if there is nothing they could have done to prevent/ avoid it

the are large numbers (i think hundreds) of fatalities on railways tracks annually (quite a large number of suicides) and everytime this occurs transport police are involved, lines are shut for hours whilst all the body parts are found and an investigation started. not a pleasant job recovering body parts and can be destressing for the officers not to mention the health hazzard this involves (think diseases such as AIDS which can infect others through blood contact)

suicides involving others such as trains is very selffish

on another note, i remember watching rallies (like WRC events) years ago where some spectators lay down on the road after the crest of jumps and the rally cars use to jump over them. bloody nuts :shock: