Kyle Strait Knee Guards - Washing

theshrew
theshrew Posts: 169
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Wasnt sure if you could put these in a washing machine or anything ( in fact not sure how to use the washing machine )

So how do you wash yours ?

Comments

• Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    I just bung 'em in the machine on a 30 degree quick wash.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I don't but then I'm a minger anyway so...
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I just stick them in with the rest of my kit at 30 degree synthetics if that makes sense to anyone because it doesn't to me :lol:
  • Miggins wrote:
    I just bung 'em in the machine on a 30 degree quick wash.

Me too without any issues at all...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    peter413 wrote:
    I just stick them in with the rest of my kit at 30 degree synthetics if that makes sense to anyone because it doesn't to me :lol:

The same setting you do your lacy underwear on?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    cooldad wrote:
    peter413 wrote:

The same setting you do your lacy underwear on?

Well they are full of holes...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've read you can have problems after washing with detergent still in the pads reacting with sweat when riding and resulting in rashes.

Got stuff for washing wool which might be safer, not sure.

But at the moment I don't bother. Give them a bash outside to get the worst of the mud off, and off I go. They don't stink too much :D
  • deadkenny wrote:
    I don't bother. Give them a bash outside to get the worst of the mud off, and off I go. They don't stink too much :D
    What he said
    Mongoose Tyax Super 2008 with just a few upgrades...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They get a bit chafey eventually though, I don't wash mine that often but it's not a bad idea eventually :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • If they're a bit scraggy stick them in a pillowcase or something so that bits don't get caught in the washing machine drum :wink: