New addition to our family.

Squillinossett
Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Meet Winston, out 7 week old Lhasa! First dog either of us have ever had, so going along with all the house training at the moment, so any hits & tips are welcome!

2u4rj42.jpg

rkxb9j.jpg

e8tmy9.jpg

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Great!!! He looks smaller than a rolled up sock.
  • He has a cage to sleep in, first night he cried alot, but last night (only the 2nd) he was silent as a mouse!

WE gave him a blanket that his mother has work as a cape for a day, and soooo many toys.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    7 weeks old ? sounds like its left its mother a bit early to me........

Nice looking pup tho. :)
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Not at all, these is alot of divided opinion about when a pup should leave. 7 weeks the pup is in the playful, exploring stage, 8 weeks they are much more fearful. So they will settle into a new home better at 7 weeks over 8 (apparently) trade off is you have to teach it some extra skills it would have learnt in the litter.

I spent about a month reading up on this, and opinion is divided 50/50 on most dog forums. He was fully weaned at 6 weeks.

He looks much bigger in real life than in the pictures.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    take him for a walk ...... see how many women flock to you !!!

you can forget a ferrari as a bird puller !
  • He came to Co-op tucked up in my coat yesterday (only 2 min walk) couldnt move 2ft without getting stopped.

Mrs was happy when I told her :lol:
  • Guglielmo
    Guglielmo Posts: 579
    He's cute! Any chance of you walking him down the Post Office posting those stems though? Cheers! :)
  • Bugger, bollo cks!!!

Sorry, been that busy this week I forgot!!! arrrggg.

Will pop out ASAP!
  • storck
    storck Posts: 64
    Had dogs all my time 7 weeks is bit early but can depend on breed anyway sure it be sound..it is a cracker though ..Enjoy ...
  • Guglielmo
    Guglielmo Posts: 579
    Bugger, bollo cks!!!

Sorry, been that busy this week I forgot!!! arrrggg.

Will pop out ASAP!

Hey no worries!

Ferretic is after his bits too just to let ya know!

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Nice dog.

I understand you've done your reading and everything and it will have advised you to expect a certain amount of carnage.

Multiply it by ten.
  • I know, were trying to teach him what he can chew, and what he cant.

I have even sacrificed a pair of socks (that had NO holes in) as he took a liking to them.

Rather that than the sofa!
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Say goodbye to the bike rides and hello to the 'walkies' nice dog tho :)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Guglielmo wrote:
    He's cute! Any chance of you walking him down the Post Office posting those stems though? Cheers! :)

Comedy Gold. :)
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    brin wrote:
    Say goodbye to the bike rides and hello to the 'walkies' nice dog tho :)

and don't be one of those idiots who think its ok to ride the bike alongside their dog on the lead.....it's asking for trouble!!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    The first picture ...
    2u4rj42.jpg
    ... looks like a tribble:
    tribble.jpg
    Careful, now.
    Kirk_surrounded_by_Tribbles.jpg
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    This thread is pleasing,good stuff,and good luck.
  • Dirk1978
    Dirk1978 Posts: 148
    He looks small enough to fit into a jersey back pocket! Am sure he would love it.
  • Crapaud wrote:
    The first picture ...
    2u4rj42.jpg
    ... looks like a tribble:
    tribble.jpg
    Careful, now.
    Kirk_surrounded_by_Tribbles.jpg

Good point, I had noticed that the thing doesn't seem to have legs. Neither do Tribbles...
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Crapaud wrote:
    Blah, blah
    picture
    Blah, blah
    picture
    Blah, blah
    picture

Good point, I had noticed that the thing doesn't seem to have legs. Neither do Tribbles...
    Word!

wehastrouble20.jpg
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Dirk1978 wrote:
    He looks small enough to fit into a jersey back pocket! Am sure he would love it.
    Unless it's a Shutt jersey, cos that would be animal cruelty. Dogs need exercise and they wont get it in a Shutt jersey pocket.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Forget about that green water/food bowl thing. Whatever it is supposed to do won't work. Especially if that mains lead stays there. I give that cable about thirty seconds and the dog thirty one if it's plugged in.

Your house is now the dogs.

It smells.

You have no time to ride your bike.

Not that I would be without my dog but it's a hundred times more effort than I imagined it would be. I now understand why the dogs home are inundated with unwanted puppies from March to May.

Mine eats floors and sofas.

Good choice going for a little one though.

Good luck
  • mega cute :D
  • Nice dog , not exactly carbon neutral all the way from tibet according to wikipedia :)

You gonna keep him trim or go for full length hair? Will turn him from a tribble to cousin it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lhasa_Apso

PS Subtle SPAM vinisha

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl