Wheelset n tyre confusion

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
confusion is the right word for it, I recently went on a bit of a cheap wheelset buying mission now I don't know which to use on which bike ...?

Firstly I need so CX tyres slightly more robust than the Conti speed kings??? but not too heavy as I use this for on/off road commuting.

I have a set of nice new red Fulcrum 7s should I put these on the Ribble commuter and take the hand built Mavic open pro off for better weather?

My CF Ribble has some cheap o Campag Vento rection, do I leave them on or put the Mavic's on?

PS. These look good for winter CX commuting http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle ... plus.shtml

I won't even go into the planet-x B's and spare rims situation....

On to tyres for the MTB, I have spikes for ice (now) I also have various conti's speedking, explorer etc but seeing as Planet-x have some good offers on Schlwalbe ATM I thought I might try some out, any recommendations again for off/on road nothing to hardcore.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I've got to buy some tubs. Now, tape or glue?

Edit: I was going to write that you have too many wheels, ITB, but then came to my senses ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    edited January 2011
    JonGinge wrote:

Glue

Edit: funny I was going to post what does tubbs have to do with cycling?

miami_tubbs.jpg

Then I did :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Glue
    Tape's easy, though. Never had a problem with it before. OTOH I've never descended a mountain in july on tubs...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I'm still on the Schwalbe Racing Ralphs that came with the bike - they've done snow, ice, melted crap, off-road and tarmac and come through smiling - much better than the contis I had on the CDF