*runs away from the hills screaming*

Not this year
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    edited January 2011
    That goes right past where my Grandfather and Father were born and grew up. I spent I lot of time there as a kid. Anyway I would not want to cycle a bike up Cudham Hill it's 25%+ in places.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    edited January 2011
    I really liked the route but for the last couple of years there has been snow and ice in the lanes. They've moved it back a month this year...

Edit: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15155642#15155642
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    Sketchley wrote:
    That goes right past where my Grandfather and Father where born and grew up. I spent I lot of time there as a kid. Anyway I would not want to cycle a bike up Cudham Hill it's 25%+ in places.
    Bah, that steep bit is really short :wink: - though if you're already knackered then it probably looks a bit daunting....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Obie
    Obie Posts: 51
    I'm in Too!! Go...go....going for gold!!! :lol:
    FCN 8.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    +1 on the snow and ice. Will probably wait until much nearer the time before deciding but it's a good event for sure.
    Still breathing.....
  • Obie
    Sold out in less than 48 hours :shock: Seems it is very popular....again.
    FCN 8.
  • jonginge
    Obie wrote:
    I'm in Too!! Go...go....going for cold!!! :lol:
    FTFY

I've liked it the times I've done it. Both times, though, local scrotes have taken down some of the route arrows... Still, rode round last year with some good chaps after going off course
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Obie
    I've liked it the times I've done it. Both times, though, local scrotes have taken down some of the route arrows...

I have already downloaded the route to my Garmin, Which you can get from their website....Is relatively Scrote proof that way.....(but not garmin proof mind you!!) :wink:
    FCN 8.
  • jonginge
    Obie wrote:
    I've liked it the times I've done it. Both times, though, local scrotes have taken down some of the route arrows...

I have already downloaded the route to my Garmin, Which you can get from their website....Is relatively Scrote proof that way.....(but not garmin proof mind you!!) :wink:
    Yeah, did that the first year but the route was changed on the day due to ice in the lanes... I was forever being told to turn around :lol:
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Obie
    JonGinge wrote:
    Obie wrote:

Yeah, did that the first year but the route was changed on the day due to ice in the lanes... I was forever being told to turn around :lol:

Lets hope the weather is better and there are no sudden route changes. Will potentially make for a good day which I am looking forward to be honest! *Fingers crossed*
    FCN 8.
  • jonginge
    Obie wrote:
    Lets hope the weather is better and there are no sudden route changes. Will potentially make for a good day which I am looking forward to be honest! *Fingers crossed*
    It's a good event. The last couple of years have been odd occurences wrt the weather. Should be all right. Good luck :D
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I do a lot of my training runs down that way anyway so I'll nick the route and put it on the Garmin to do sometime.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Obie
    JonGinge wrote:
    Obie wrote:
    It's a good event. The last couple of years have been odd occurences wrt the weather. Should be all right. Good luck :D

Thanks JG.
    I do a lot of my training runs down that way anyway so I'll nick the route and put it on the Garmin to do sometime.

I know the area pretty well also, have been on many a club run around there. Was thinking of doing the route one lazy sunday morning but to be honest once a year is probably enough. :wink:
    FCN 8.
  • Important route imformation
    Just put all the route arrows up today and there is a road closure at Hever Road approx mileage change to route.
    13 miles Left no sign post
    13.5 bear right under rail bridge
    14.6 R@ TJ B2026
    15.4 L sp Lingfield Marsh Green Road

also at 29.6 miles L sp Wych Cross Coach Road [not Hatch Cross Coach Lane]

this years route but without the corrections
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65861998
  • Phew what an awesome ride. 4 hrs 21 mins for me...on the commuter with full guards and a rack!

Punctured once...on a Marathon Plus :shock: